Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Star Wars CCG always allowed for some interesting situations that did not happen in the movie. Obi-Wan on Cloud City, Vader finding Luke on Dagobah, and AT-ATs everywhere.

I liked experimenting with some of the more unusual decks, including Moisture Farmers. But, they tended to consistently get beat. This is the telling of the invasion of the farm on Tatooine with a familiar owner...

It was a long hot day on Tatooine. Well, it was always a long hot day on Tatooine. Owen Lars had come to live with that fact. He accepted it, just as he accepted the simplicity of the moisture farmer’s existence. He had no wish to interfere with political dealings or rebellious uprisings. He had a simple wish to provide water for his planet and his beloved Beru.

This day, he was dealing with a water buyer from Mos Eisley. An old friend of his, a Florn Lamproid. Owen had heard the name of this buyer at one time, but could never remember or pronounce it. He simply called her Lampy and let his protocol droid interpret the dealings.

They were standing outside the farm house, on the edge of his property looking past the final vaporator and haggling over the current price of the water.

“I can’t just give this stuff away Lampy,” Owen instructed his protocol droid to advise as he held his hands out and upward in a pleading gesture. “It’s been an incredibly hot season as it is. I have to make a living. I can’t take less then 100 per barrel.”

Lampy slithered back and forth in a hypnotic motion as Owen tried to understand her movements. “The honorable Lamproid will not give more than 75 per barrel, master Lars”, advised B2-4 (his protocol droid).

Owen shook his head in mock disgust as he prepared to accept the offer. But when he shook his head, he noticed a sand cloud to the north, past his property and out from the dune sea. It was a wall of sand dust, towering on the horizon. Unlike any sandwhirl he had ever seen before, it approached quickly and with uniformity. Almost unnatural, no, definitely unnatural.

Before he could say anything, B2-4 advised, “Master Lars, I believe there are some vehicles approaching from the north. They appear to be causing that sand cloud on the north horizon.”

Owen nodded and said, “B2-4, go inside and tell Beru to go to the cellar and lock it.” As B2 scurried off, Lampy and Owen walked slowly to the last vaporator on his property and watched as the cloud came nearer.

Owen’s heart was beating, pounding. Who was coming to visit him in such vehicles that would cause this much of a dust storm? He couldn’t even begin to guess. The sand whirled in such a way though that he couldn’t make out even the shape of the oncoming vehicles.

Lampy started moving back in forth in what appeared to Owen to be an alarmed way. Apparently Lampy’s eyes were more telescopic than Owen’s. Finally, as the sand cloud cleared the north ridge, Owen made out the shape of an imperial walker in the maelstrom.

He immediately caught onto Lampy’s attitude and they started moving as fast as they could to get inside. But alas! It was already too late. The AT-AT Cannon began resonating on the farm. Green bolts flashed across the blasted landscape as Owen and Lampy stretched for the door.

But for them it was not to be. The General commanding the AT-AT squadron was merciless. He was setting an example for all the moisture farmers on planet who failed to pay the proper taxes to the Imperial Prefect in this sector. Someone must be made an example of and this grisly old farmer was chosen.

The cannon blasts made holes in sand, walls, and human and Florn Lamproid bodies alike. Nothing remained of the farm when the AT-AT division lumbered off. The homestead along with it’s occupants and frequenters was effectively demolished.

... The moral of the story, an AT-AT invasion deck beats a force draining Moisture Farm deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robt. Ferrett
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If only BoShek had been there to help...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jensen
United States
Perry
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moisture farming yes.... But they didn't due so well against a few Droid Merchants!

I miss this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clark
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good cards to pack in your deck (in multiples):

Rebel Barrier
It's A Trap!
Dodge
Blast The Door, Kid! (if you are indoors eg. Cantina)
Houjix
It Can Wait

Don't deploy your scrub characters until you have two or more of these in your hand and you have the force saved to use them.

Fighting against the AT-ATs with scrubs IS tough, which is why I would play your Tatooine scrubs indoors - Cantina and Jabba's Palace sites - but that wrecks your farming theme.

Not sure if you are aware of virtual cards, but you could try Rycar Ryjerd (v) to get your vaporators and hydroponics stations out fast.

If you have a copy or two of Leia Rebel Princess (reflections III) then she helps out heaps against AT-ATs.

Also, pack your deck with a few destiny-6 used interrupts, which you can 'track' around your deck and draw later for destiny, which should give you the edge in battles.

Best examples are:

Escape Pod (v)
Throw Me Another Charge (uncommon from Endor set)

Also, On The Edge is a great card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robf wrote:

Indeed...the most under rated of characters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dazooz wrote:
robf wrote:

Indeed...the most under rated of characters!

Too true. If only there were a Boshek Champion on BGG... Someone bold enough to immortalize him in their avatar...

Raise a toast to Ability 4 Uncommons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewjhoskins wrote:
Too true. If only there were a Boshek Champion on BGG... Someone bold enough to immortalize him in their avatar...

Even joking, this made my day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.