Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
96 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » VIC (Melbourne)

Subject: Australian Games Expo - Albury rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: australian_games_expo [+] [View All]
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi -- anyone booking accommodation yet?

Is the "book enough people, use the function room for free" deal still on at the Hume? They weren't on the accommodation list from the AGE site.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gmcnish wrote:
Hi -- anyone booking accommodation yet?

Is the "book enough people, use the function room for free" deal still on at the Hume? They weren't on the accommodation list from the AGE site.



Hi Gregor - the same deal will be on as last year. They don't appear on the AGE website because I manage this and not Phil.

Still I should get him to add them to the site as they do more for gamers traveling to the event than any other venue.

PS - Several people have already booked with them. Just make sure to mention the Expo as it helps them identify us as a group.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gmcnish wrote:
Hi -- anyone booking accommodation yet?


We booked before we left last year
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrard Unmack
Australia
Geelong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Melissa (Passionate_Always on BSW) and I have booked in at the Country Comfort Hovell Tree, just down the road from the Hume, after last years bad experience at the Hume.

But assuming they let us in to play games, we will be there of a night to join you in some different games
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to book it online.. but all the dates appears to be full.. infact all the dates on this year's calendar appears to be full.

I guess I better make a phone call to make this booking...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shingoi wrote:
I tried to book it online.. but all the dates appears to be full.. infact all the dates on this year's calendar appears to be full.

I guess I better make a phone call to make this booking...


I'll let them know Shingo.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Neil

Thanks!! I phone them just now and made the booking but the lady I spoke with was very very vague, and kept making the dates confused. I booked for the night of 7th and 8th of June.

Maybe I should send them an email asking for the confirmation on those days. I hope we can use the hall for free ( I asked about her and she had no idea.. shake )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I booked by email, and everything was fine.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor McNish
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looked at the AGE site, and Zev is coming back!! Woohoo!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering since this is my first year attending.. so question for those attended before.

I noticed that Zev is coming, and also there would be a stand for Rio Grande and other publishers. Would game that sold at the expo by the publishers be significantly be cheaper than usual retail price in Australia? Or would the price be fixed according to the australian market?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shingoi wrote:
Just wondering since this is my first year attending.. so question for those attended before.

I noticed that Zev is coming, and also there would be a stand for Rio Grande and other publishers. Would game that sold at the expo by the publishers be significantly be cheaper than usual retail price in Australia? Or would the price be fixed according to the australian market?


In general, the price is fixed according to the australian market. The exhibitors had a strong preference for that.

Most of the international publishers that attend or have a presence at the Expo demonstrate their games but do not actually sell them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
Most of the international publishers that attend or have a presence at the Expo demonstrate their games but do not actually sell them.


Last year Zev was selling, but since he now has distribution in Australia that may not be the case this year. Zev would be the one to confirm this.

The RGG stand last year was demo only and I imagine that would be the same this year.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Avatar
When is this happening?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zev will be coming as a guest to the expo, and so will be there demoing, but there won't be a dedicated Z-Man stand he sells from, although thanks to last year Z-Man now has some excellent distribution in Australia.

Rio Grande Games will be demoing only again this year, although we are trying to ensure to the best of our ability that all the games we are demoing are fully available through the dedicated retailers.

I can't speak for Mayfair Games, we shall just have to wait and see.

The other publishers there (Adventureland Games etc), will probably be selling as they have in previous years.

It's a fantastic event - anyone who is coming should drop by the RGG booths and say G'Day!

Cheers,

Giles.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry James - this is happening over the Queen's Birthday weekend. June 7th, 8th and 9th.

Cheers,

Giles.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I will be working the Mind Games Booth for the entire 3 days, so please make sure you stop by to say hello to me!!

I am hoping to make the unofficial "official" dinner at Taco Bills on Saturday night this year. John (hubby) and I should be there unless I am WAY tanked from smiling all day. (I can't help myself... I LOVE GAMES and I love GAMES PEOPLE!)

Sending you all AGE super squishies!!!

xxx

Sheralyn.

ps - If I met you last year, and I don't recognise you, please forgive me! I met about 600 people, and I am really crappy with names. (I think we should all have BGG nametags?)

xxx
Shebby
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shebby wrote:
I am hoping to make the unofficial "official" dinner at Taco Bills on Saturday night this year.
Ssssh - Totally unofficial ninja
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Avatar
caradoc wrote:
Sorry James - this is happening over the Queen's Birthday weekend. June 7th, 8th and 9th.

Cheers,

Giles.


Ok, will have to see if I can come, just depends if I can earn enough money in time shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:

Ok, will have to see if I can come, just depends if I can earn enough money in time shake


In Canberra... Two Words - PUBLIC SERVICE!

Go get 'em cowboy!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Avatar
shebby wrote:
jamesdavis wrote:

Ok, will have to see if I can come, just depends if I can earn enough money in time shake


In Canberra... Two Words - PUBLIC SERVICE!

Go get 'em cowboy!


I am starting up a garden maintenance (does anyone know the proper name for this?), so if ya need some lawns mowed, hedges trimmed, gutters cleaned etc I am your man.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hawkins
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
gmcnish wrote:
Hi -- anyone booking accommodation yet?

Is the "book enough people, use the function room for free" deal still on at the Hume? They weren't on the accommodation list from the AGE site.



Hi Gregor - the same deal will be on as last year. They don't appear on the AGE website because I manage this and not Phil.

Still I should get him to add them to the site as they do more for gamers traveling to the event than any other venue.

PS - Several people have already booked with them. Just make sure to mention the Expo as it helps them identify us as a group.


Hi Neil. Have you discussed this with them for this year as yet. I got the impression it was different owners.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,

Yep the deal is still on so it will be social gaming Saturday and Sunday night!

Our local club have begun using the venue for bi-annual events too and the new owners are great.

So book a room and we'll see you soon.

Neil
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hawkins
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ripper Neil. Thanks a lot.

Room already booked. (still working on wife permission).

Any chance it can be used Friday night as well?

Regards

David
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidhGeek wrote:
still working on wife permission

Or what ASL players call the "Spousal Task Check"!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidhGeek wrote:
Ripper Neil. Thanks a lot.

Room already booked. (still working on wife permission).

Any chance it can be used Friday night as well?

Regards

David


I'm pretty sure that is no problem (provided you stay at the hotel) but I'll confirm just to be sure and post back here.

Neil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.