Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like my gamegroup (which is tonight) to try WW, but I can't seem to get them started (I haven't tried that hard)

They are a loud noisy group and enjoy party games, I think they would like it.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
how many people are usually present?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anywhere from 5 to 15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
1. tell them it is lotsa fun and that the nights activities will include snacking on villagers and lynching vile werewolves

2. write out the names of the roles on the cards you plan to use

3. go over the abilities of each role detailing their motivations. example: here is the sorcerer card, this guy wins if the werewolves win, but he doesn't know who they are, nor do the wolves know who he is. he has the ability of checking another player to see if that player is the seer. if he finds the seer his JOB is to lie to the village and claim that he himself is the seer and that the real seer is in fact a wolf. also, if the real seer reveals first, the sorcerer needs to counter, etc.

4. i would start simple w/ just wolves, villagers, seer and sorcerer (some would say to leave out the sorcerer at the start as well, but i like to include an aux evil at the start, especially if people are familiar w/ games in general)

5. also start w/ revealed roles if you have more than 5 people playing.

6. it's probably safe to start erring on the balance to favor the village when you start adding in more roles (although if everyone is happy w/ the way the games are going, keep your starting role set and save more complex ones for other evenings.

btw, i could be wrong on all of these points as it is really up to the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, if you are modding for the first time, it's a good idea to write down the roles as they are revealed to you night zero, very easy to mess things up sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo hoo! I did it. Much fun and laughter ensued.

I think we played a 5 player (I forgot there should be no role reveal, so short games) and two six player and then 2 ten player. Someone else modded for the last game, a nine player so I could play. I was the seer. Barely managed to convince the majority that they should not lynch an uncontested seer on day one, and since I had viewed a wolf on my first view at least it was worth dying for that night.

I had bought the Miller's Hollow game when I got to the store, didn't realize how different the roles in that one are, so I need to print out a list of the roles/rules more along the lines of what we play here. We played that way.

I believe everyone quite enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and thankyou for all the suggestions.

deborah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.