Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mackie
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite some reservations with this title following the setup error upon first playing, I was happy to give this one a second chance. And certainly the resulting game experience was a lot better, with more meaningful plays and card choices to make. Movement of the Goth still caused frequent carnage, but the impact of this was a little more controlled and manageable this time. That is, except for the one turn in which I forgot to factor in a double-tribute after subtracting a big building purchase, and I ended up losing two cards while my opponents suffered no losses… doh!

This wasn’t my only mistake - on another occasion I took a wall building card for the wrong resource type, again because of rules confusion (it does say first that red buildings can be built on any resource type!). But my opponents chose to let me get away with this one for the sake of game expediency - trying to roll it back would have been more trouble than it was worth.

For much of the game Pat and I leaped-frog each other on the Africa escape track, with Brad not too far off the pace. But Pat managed to score himself the building card that gives you ‘two spaces on the track if the Goth is on a peace symbol’ in lieu of a white peace token, and he just accelerated away from us. With one or two Peace cards as an insurance buffer, he was not going to lose this from a Goth rampage.
So a better game experience than our first with this, and although I’m not in any mad hurry to play it again, I would if the gods so ordained.
20 mins rules and setup; 72 mins game time.
Results: Pat (blue): 38. Paul (green): 29. Brad (orange): 20.

(Originally posted in The Mine Shaft Gap.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.