1 Posts

San Juan» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Sasser
United States
flag msg tools
Having just arrived in the lovely city of San Juan, I gather my bearings and set upon my task of gathering riches! I commenced with building an indigo plant, so that I might supply the markets and textile mills with wonderful dyes. But no sooner had I completed my first building of a hopefully large economic empire than competition spang up! Doesn't take long nowadays, does it.

My competition got a jump on me in production, due to oversights in manpower, but no worries as I was able to whip those whelps into shape and get to producing some fine high quality carribean ink. My delay paid off as I quickly took my goods to market and sold them for a tidy profit. I'm well on my way!

I now set about building auxilliary buildings, such as an aqueduct and market place so that my factories will be much more efficient with their production. Talking to some of the locals, I hear that my competition has also begun and completed some of their bulidings! A pox on them I say! Little are they aware that I have just completed laying the groundwork for my silver mine and my tobacco plants are just now becoming ripe, smelling of the sweet sweet earth.

Sadly, as my empire has grown, my worst fears have materialised. My competition has now caught up, owing in large part to their massive congregation in their chapel. How devious do you have to be to bilk money from the flock? Bah.

Regardless, their lead was quite slight, and I should hope that should we meet again on the economic battleground in this fair city that I will keep the lessons learned from this episode in mind. Good Day!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.