1 Posts

Seelöwe» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Game between Rand and Steven, March 15 2008 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Bucey
United States
flag msg tools
Yesterday Rand and I had a great day gaming. One of the games we played was Seelowe. I took the British. Rand rolled a die and took the Naval invasion setup.

Here is the opening setup.

This next shot is around turn 3. I admit the next three shots are blurry, but you can see the general position of the units. Note the lone British unit holding out in a town on the Southeast coast (the map is 'upside down'). There appears to be a German penetration developing in the Southwest.

Turn 5, or there abouts . I saw a chance to put the hurt on Rand, and with a good roll I did. Unfortunately for me, I was short one mech unit or I could really have screwed his position up, but as it was I nearly isolated everything from the middle of the line south. He has started his turn as I took this picture and landed some reinforcements that helped him recover.

Rand recovered and managed to pinch off the breakthrough, that and I tried to do to much and Rand is to good a player not to make me pay for over-extending. This shot shows about where the line stayed for most of the rest of the game.

Depending upon the weather (and whether or not German supplies could get ashore and the German air could provide support) dictated the pace of events. He pushed me back some and threatened a breakthrough in the center of the line, but two counter-attacks by me patched things up and that was that as my partisans started to show up and really put the hurt on Rand (the rules note that they represented "women, old men and dogs").

(Shot around turn 11 or so).

Rand won -- the final score was the Germans held 7 ports and 128 strength points to my 110 strength points.

The game was fun to play and I think that was all the game intended to be -- just a game with the Germans trying to overrun England. Both players have to move carefully as their situations do not tolerate mistakes well, and both must attack, which is what kept Rand and my attention throughout. I judge the design a success, even if based on an unlikely premise.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.