1 Posts

Transformers Armada: Battle for Cybertron» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Olson
United States
flag msg tools
We decided to bring out a game that a few of us had played. So Sean, Steve, Randy, and I chose to play Transformer Duels, instead of Jedi (not really sure why).

I was the last to the table, so Optimus Prime (Randy) and Megatron (Steve) were already gone. Sean picked Red Alert, and I randomly picked Hot Shot.

The game started pretty slowly, with Steve hiding and Sean taking a couple of pot shots at Randy. I was chasing Steve, but kind of sat back and built up my hand.

Sean ran a bit, and Randy chased him, right into range of all of our characters. Optimus Prime out.

I had gotten a couple of shots on Megatron, and kept playing cards to prevent him from attacking me twice in a round, so he wasn't hurting me. Then Steve made a mistake with a card that required him to discard 9 cards (you can only hold 10 max, so the card plus the rest of his hand) when he only had 8. Sean and I took full advantage of that, playing all sorts of cards requiring him to block or discard. That really screwed him. Together we mowed down Megatron. We may not have focused on him so much if he hadn't done that.

Both of these going down first was a suprise. It seemed to me that those two are the most powerful characters (we haven't played too many times) and the fact that the two lesser characters survived shocked me.

We decided not to drag the game out, so we stood at a short range and kept after each other. Both are very defensive characters, and we kept blocking, or in Red Alert's case, healing.

Eventually that healing caught up with me, and Red Alert took out Hot Shot, making Sean the winner.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.