1 Posts

Tikal» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Perriam
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
played this for the first time last night as a 2 player game with the wife. She's played it a few times before but not for sometime.

really enjoyed it. nicely designed board and pieces etc.

quite straightforward to learn, the rules explanation only took about 15 mins.

wasnt sure of any particular strategy but started by moving quite a few of my explorers onto the board and securing some early treasure, including a trade to get a pair. rach doing the same to secure herself a pair.

was laying my hex's to give me a reasonable path moving forward. we both controlled a couple of temples as well by the time the 1st volcano piece came out.

we both then built camp in the middle of the board and i was able to use this to secure a couple of 5/6 point temples. rach was doing the same but on the other side of the board where i only had a smaller explorer presence.

for some reason she was keeping a lot of explorers off the board....i was at one point down to 6 and she still had 12 to come into the game ? at this point i was beginning to think i was doing something wrong !

treasures were thin on the ground at this stage with rachel being ahead with 1*3 and 3*2 to my 3*2.

however the 5/6 point temples were out and we were both securing these and exploring them for additional points.

by the time the 3rd volcano came out i opened up a small 11 point lead due to controlling 29 points of temples to her sub 15

i continued to get all of my explorers into the game and strategically placed to control the majority of temples. she on the other had was using points to build up the ones she controlled and still had 8 or so explorers to bring into the game.

on her last turn she also made a mistake by moving a single explorer off her 10 point temple onto a 3 point temple on which we both had 3 explorers. i simply moved all these 3 onto the 10 point one to deny it to her, losing her 7 points in the process

with a 45 point temple haul i ended the game with about 132 points...we did not bother doing a final proper score as she was so far behind.....around 100.

good game and she knows she lost out by leaving so many explorers off the board. looking forward to another game. cool
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.