Thumb up
1 Posts

Ca$h 'n Gun$» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First time playing Cash'n'Guns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Debbie Ohi
flag msg tools
YAY, a chance to play games during the DAY!! (I am cursed with morning person genes)
I tweet about board gaming at @BGGgirl, about writing/illustrating at @inkyelbows.
When I first heard the name of the game, I confess to being a tad apprehensive. I've never really been into shoot-em-up video games or boardgames that focused on weaponry. But Jeff (my hubby) told me that the game was quick, so I figured that at least I would only have to tolerate it for a short time.

The premise: you're a gangster about to split your loot with your fellow criminals, and Things Turn Bad.

Each player is given 8 "bullet" cards which consist of five "click click click" cards (e.g. you don't shoot), 2 "BANG!" cards (you shoot someone), and 1 "BANG! BANG! BANG!" card (you start shooting first). Each turn, you place one of these cards in front of you, face-down. After it's used, you discard it.

On the count of three, everyone points their gun at someone else. For some reason, my friend Andy and I kept pointing our guns at each other. I guess we both have unresolved issues leftover from our university days. :-)

(that's me on the right and yes, I had a lot more fun playing this game than I expected!)

After the guns are pointed, you have the option to duck (can't be shot at). If you duck, however, you have to take a Shame Card, which is deducted from loot at the end. After players are given the opportunity to duck, everyone turns over their card to indicate whether their guns were firing bullets or not.

Surviving/remaining gangsters divvy up the loot after each round, if the loot can be divvied. If you're shot three times, you're out of the game. The surviving gangster with the most loot wins.

Andy and I had a spectacular final shootout after each having being shot twice before. I won because I started shooting first (using my one "BANG!BANG!BANG!" card while Andy only used a "BANG!" card). Jeff would have won, except I shot him the previous round. Heh.

My summary: a quick, fun game with minimal rules and some fun people interaction. I'm hoping to find someone playing this when I attend my first BGG convention this year! (fingers crossed)
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.