Thumb up
1 Posts

Age of Steam» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
The players: myself, Mike, Tom Vasel, and Shin Yoo. The game: Age of Steam on the new Korea map.

Mike and I last played AoS a few months ago, so we had fogotten some of the important points, such as how to play. Tom and Shin, on the other hand, are quite experienced, so the game ended up turning into 2 smaller competitions between myself and Mike in the North, and SHin and Tom in the South.

Mike and myself started out near Seoul, while Shin Urbanized first and created a nice new hub in the middle of the map that he used well. Tom started developing the SE corner, near Pusan.

I was screwed over early, when Mike moved a good that I had hoped to move using my newly-acquired second engine. This left me in a hole early on, and it was a real struggle keep up with the rest. Tom and Shin, meanwhile, were going out it once Shin expanded into the nice little loop Tom set up for himself in the south.

But eventually, Tom got the lead, and was earning a nice chunk of change every turn. Shin was close behind, while Mike and I fought over last place.

Final scores:

Brian: 26
Mike: 28
Shin: 56
Tom: 76

Keep in mind, this was AoS, so despite my last place finish, I'm damn proud that I was able to make it to the end without going bankrupt.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.