Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
M27 - The DumbBell Nebula - Photographed 10/15/2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Been working on a way to play Zombies!!! solo. here is what I have come up with so far. Suggestions welcome. I have played one game with these rules and they seem to work OK. Let me know what you guys think.

Zombies!!! Solitaire Rules
(by Sam DiRocco ®)

Winning
The only way to win is to make it to the center square of the Helipad and survive for 2 turns. (Arriving turn plus an additional turn). No need to collect Zombie kills. All killed Zombies are returned to the zombie pool.

Setup
Remove the “Town Square” and the “Helipad” from the tile deck. Place the “Town Square” and place Player token on the center square. Place the “Helipad” into the bottom half of the tile deck as usual.

Turn Sequence
1. Combat: fight any zombies on player space (As usual)
2. Draw an Event Card: Draw one card and play it immediately. If it is a weapon you may use it right away or hold it until needed. It is not necessary to be at the specified named location to have the weapon. Detrimental cards are played immediately. Placement and movement of Zombies is always to the disadvantage of the player.
3. Hero movement: remains the same
4. Zombie movement: The number of zombies moved is D6+2. Zombies must always move toward the player. The closest, moveable zombies must be the ones that are moved. (Can’t just move the ones at the other end of the board)
5. End of Turn: At the end of the turn do the following:
-Discard cards in play (Unless it is a weapon)
-Trade in killed zombies for tokens. Zombies are traded at a 2:1 ratio.
ie. 2 zombies equal either 1 life token or 1 bullet token.
(Max of 6 lives; unlimited bullets)
6. Any Turn Sequence rules not addressed here are handled as normal

Placing New Tiles
Tiles placement is handle the same except with the following change. Additional tiles are place only when the player would step off the map. (Zombies are placed as normal.)

Combat Rules
Combat rules remain unchanged except for the following additional rule.
Ranged Attack: The player may take one ranged attack before any movement is taken. The ranged attack cannot be into the same square of the player. You make the attack by spending one bullet and roll for an attack as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I played again tonight with the new solo rules. I found a bit of a problem. Most of the Event cards I drew where cards that needed to be used against the other player. I thought of adding a rule that states: One of the cards in your hand must be played. With anything that would effect the opposing player actually effecting you. Then at the end of your turn you could still discard one card.

Better idea, anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does seem to work, but I haven't tested it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have updated the rules a bit. i am going to make a pdf and submit to the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls