Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
M27 - The DumbBell Nebula - Photographed 10/15/2018
mbmbmbmbmb
This is kind of a double post. i posted the same under the Original Zombies!!

Been working on a way to play Zombies!!! solo. here is what I have come up with so far. Suggestions welcome. I have played one game with these rules and they seem to work OK. Let me know what you guys think.

Zombies!!! Solitaire Rules.

Winning
The only way to win is to make it to the center square of the Helipad and survive for 2 turns. (Arriving turn plus an additional turn). No need to collect Zombie kills. All killed Zombies are returned to the zombie pool.

Setup
Remove the “Town Square” and the “Helipad” from the tile deck. Place the “Town Square” and place Player token on the center square. Draw the top 4 tiles and place them connected to the town square. Place zombies as appropriate. Place the “Helipad” into the bottom half of the tile deck as usual.

Turn Sequence
1. Combat any zombies on player space (As usual)
2. Draw cards as normal
3. Hero movement remains the same
4. Zombie movement. The number of zombies moved is D6+2. Zombies must always move toward the player. The closest, moveable zombies must be the ones that are moved. (Can’t just move the ones at the other end of the board)
5. Any sequence rules not addressed here are handled as normal

Placing New Tiles
Tiles placement is handle the same except with the following change. Additional tiles are place only when the player would step off the map.
Zombies are placed as normal.
Hearts and Bullets are placed randomly. Determine the number of hearts and bullets. Place them facedown and shuffle them. Then place them on the map tile facedown.

Combat Rules
Combat rules remain unchanged except for the following additional rule.
Ranged Attack: The player may take one ranged attack before any movement is taken. The ranged attack cannot be into the same or adjacent square of the player. To make the attack spend one bullet and rule for an attack as normal.

Addendum:

OK. I played again tonight with the new solo rules. I found a bit of a problem. Most of the Event cards I drew where cards that needed to be used against the other player. I thought of adding a rule that states: One of the cards in your hand must be played. With anything that would effect the opposing player actually effecting you. Then at the end of your turn you could still discard one card.

Better idea, anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
See also SoloZombies.doc under the First Edition files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
M27 - The DumbBell Nebula - Photographed 10/15/2018
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_lunch wrote:
See also SoloZombies.doc under the First Edition files section.

Nice! would have saved me some work!! I did look for a solo variant, but must have missed it somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
These all look like cool variants. Does anyone here just play zombies as a solo game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Suau
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played two times the solo variant explained in this thread, with the "use at least one event card" rule. I died pretty fast in both cases . My games took less than 5 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls