1 Posts

Daytona 500» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
flag msg tools
This session report is one of several submitted in review of the steady stream of gaming enjoyed during our Thanksgiving trip visiting my fiancee's family. Of necessity, each will be somewhat abbreviated.

After Streetsoccer, there was still time for an additional game. By now, my future-brother-in-law Rick and niece-to-be Leah had come around, so I suggeste Daytona 500, which works very well with 4.

Leah took to the game right away. She won the first race via shrewd use of her cards.

The second round was mine, with my car winning. After the first two rounds, I was $10k ahead of Leah.

Bidding was very aggressive throughout, with cars going for much higher than in my normal game group. Much of this was driven by Ben really wanting his top-choice cars, but Leah and Rick both participated.

I didn't handle this well in the final round. I had only one color that I didn't want -- yellow -- but I just wasn't willing to pay the price to get the other cars. So at round's end, I wound up with the yellow car for $10 K and was almost unable to finish the game.

Leah paid a lot more for her cars than I paid for mine, but I could manage a finish of no better than fourth; Leah's second-place car was enough to seal the win for her.

Ben's car finished first in the final round, and he was delighted, even though he didn't prevail in the money count.

Leah $830K
Chuck $780K
Ben $750K
Rick $570K
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.