Thumb up
1 Posts

Hour of Glory: Stronghold Kit» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Huzzar for the Baron rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Last week I managed to talk a guy from work , lets call him "Mark", into playing HoG. He opted to play Harris, the sneaky and underhanded stealth stealer of old London Town, and I the Brave, Intelligent, Honourable nice guy, the Commander.

Here's where Harris went.

Into room 2, spy. Into room 3 ,spy while being chased by the Commander. Along the most southerly East-West corridor, into room 1 spying.

Out into the Western corridor and north to room 4, inside and did NOT spy, due to the close pusuit. North to room 7, spy.

Out the other door into the corridor, spotted by the sentries, gunfire, alarm raised, sentry shot and wounded, Harris shaking off the wounds he suffered.

Into room 5 more spying, across to room 6 for one more spying. A quick nip out into the easterly corridor and ducking back into room 6 closely pursued by the Commander. We had a couple of interesting turns here. Harris got three spaces into the room and the Commander reached the doorway but due to line of site rules he could see Harris. The Commander came into the room, Harris stayed out of site and sneaked out the door killing the sentry and closed the door all without the Commander seeing any of it.

The Commander raised the alarm, Harris ducked into room 4 and did his last bit of spying as 3 Guards exited room 8. Harris then managed to return back to sneaky mode and the guards started to leave.

Harris jumped back into the corridor but was brought down by a shot from the Commander.

Then the guards left and the Commander cleverly positioned himself between the prone Harris and the exit. The clock ticked down and Harris lost the last six minutes.

All in, it was a good game. I'm still learning these rules and to be honest I suspect another few games will be required before I get them all down.

I think the rules could be aided by having a shorter summary of the possible actions and reactions. The quick reference chart is okay, but it doesn't explain when to use the tests it describes.

Fun and enjoyable for us both.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.