Tribbles Customizable Card Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First gaming session, a full round. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larz Welo
United States
Las Cruces
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!
My gaming group was coming together to play Civilization, and some of them were late. So, my friend saw that I had a copy of this game and opened it. He read the simple rules, and four of us sat down and began to play.

The four basic decks, Poison, Rescue (mine), Discard, and Go were dealt out and we shuffled our cards.
In the first round, game play proceeded around quickly much like an Uno game. The biggest scoring of the first round was when the Go deck player was poisoned and gave 10000 points to the Poison deck player. The Poison player then was able to go out first and score up all his played cards. At the end of the first round, Poison had 12222, Discard had 0, Go had 2, and Rescue had 100.
The second round, we all had complete controll of the game and so we played quickly and naturally. The discard player got a luck poison play and scored a cool 10000. I was able to use rescue cards effectively, as well as a 3-Go run play (where you play three Go cards in a row) to get out very quickly. No one else did very well. At the end of the second round, Poison had 12242, Discard had 10000, Go had 3, and Rescue had 21423.
The third round was a rout. I almost instantly played out all my cards through use of Go, Discard, and a wisely chosen Rescue. Because of Reverses and Skips, the Poison player only actually got to play 1 card. At the end of the third round, Poison had 12243, Discard had 10000, Go had 1013, and Rescue had 42435.
The fourth round also went well for me. None of the other players did very well, though poison was able to glean a substancial point minority from some decent poison plays. What's funny is that I didn't have a very good hand, but I always had what I needed when I needed it. I got really lucky when I had only one card left, needed to play 1 Tribble, was forced to draw, and got a 1 Tribble Discard card, which emptied my had and brought me the victory. It was also at this point that my Rescue deck began to collect some very negative attention. Most poisons came my way, and players tried to skip or reverse around me where possible. At the end of the fourth round, Poison had 13254, Discard still had only 10000, Go was losing with 1113, and Rescue was undefeatable with 63447.
In the fifth and final round, the Discard player had no cards left in his deck, and my Rescue was pretty low. Discard was quickly "decked", and after two poisons and a draw, I was compelled to be "decked" as well. Before that happened, I had gotten a lucky 10000 poison and ensured my total victory. It was go who was able to exploit the loss of half the players and bring about the victory. He did very well because he would always use his rescues to try to stick the Poison player with a card he wouldn't have. So, at the end of the game, Poison had 14256, Discard did worst with 10010, Go had a solid second with 25324, and Rescue was victorius with 73447.

And interesting game, and well balanced. I don't think I'll customize it any.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.