The last weekend our group had a 6 player Burning Crusade game with some house rules:
1) Player's characters act as blue creatures: whenever a player is in the same region as another player, the next action must be a challeng.
2) 3 regions movement: every player could move 3 regions instead of 2. Every card regarding movement would be changed accordingly.
3) XP cap in dungeons: no experience for players if a player in the party as a level higher than the dungeon.
4) Timed PvP: game should end by 18h00 or else a Deadly PvP would start (we began at 10h00)
My opinion on this rules follows:
1) This is a great house rule, the game becoming much more strategic and interactive. The party can be moved to a region in order to block other players. We'll keep this one.
2) This isn't a consensual rule: on one hand, 3 movements allows you to travel a lot, but on the other, the number of options is much greater (specially with rule n.1), and the game came to a stall... We'll drop this one next time.
3) Capping dungeons is a good ideia. This really manage to take the power of dungeons, although if you get a new level on the first level of the dungeon, usually you opt to get out. We'll keep this too.
4) This is my personal favourite. With this one, we'll never get nervous about the wife waiting at home, and we'll always get in time for dinner. I think that some tweaking and adjustment needs to be made, but I will vote to keep this one.
I hope this topic will help for the next game!
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
Hmm, I really like the look of rule number 1 and number 3, I think we may try that next time we play. Especially number 1, makes PvP much more possible since you can "block" the other team.