Subject: 2 Games played today...wonderful victories both of them... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
flag msg tools
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
for me of course LOL.

Played the scenario Sainte Mere-Eglise today against Rachel.

First Round:
Was a close one, Rachel took the side of the U.S. and I the Germans (she let me have them for once LOL). She had a really good para drop as per the scenario rules and only had one guy go off the board. This round was a close one, took me awhile to get my tanks moving but they were certainly the deal breakers in this scenario. We were tie at two medals each for awhile until I drew up artillery barrage and scored a hit with all FOUR die. That was the beginning of the end and my Panzers quickly racked up the next winning medal.

Second Round:
Switched sides, myself taking the Allies and Rachel taking the Germans. Had a good para drop as well with 3 figures landing on unoccupied spaces and the 4th landing in the middle of one of the German unit sections (hate to know what happened to that guy) Luck of the draw I drew artillery barrage in the card handout, played it first and wiped out 2 of the 3 tanks she had. She was not too pleased in this as she was looking forward to the same Panzer Victories I had won minutes before. I started to walk away early in the round with 3 victory medals under my belt I got a little too confident and ended up extending my men a little to far, next turn she surrounded them and made shortwork of them followed by wiping out a loner in the middle section meaning we were again tied. Again the deal breaker was the tanks, only this time in my favor, I had been making sure her tank was pushed back with fire and flags, and I finally got the chance to roll a tank symbol, it was a one man unit firing out of the woods and was able to roll 3, ended up getting 2 tank symbols instead of one and the game was over.

Good games and great fun, was finally happy to win one, as we played the Pegasus bridge scenario a good bit to get the rules under belt and she seems pretty proficient at making sure 'Festung Europa' didnt turn into 'that wonderful fish and chips place across the channel'.

Can only wonder what kind of defeats shes going to issue me when Commands and Colors come in...*sigh*
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.