Popular Tags: [View All]
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Chicago Dividends get immediately paid out to EVERY railroad that reaches Chicago, or just the first one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
rockusultimus wrote:
Do Chicago Dividends get immediately paid out to EVERY railroad that reaches Chicago, or just the first one?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez! What took you so long?!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
rockusultimus wrote:
Geez! What took you so long?!

It took me a few minutes of going, Hey, he must be playing with the copy I sent him! I'm glad you're having such a good time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
It took me a few minutes of going, Hey, he must be playing with the copy I sent him! I'm glad you're having such a good time.

Yeah, we just got 2 more games in tonight. Everytime is a whole new experience. One person tries the winning strategy from the previous game and everyone tries to stop them, revealing a whole new strategy. We've consistently played with 4 and everyone *loves* this game.

Thanks again JC.

-Costas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
rockusultimus wrote:
Yeah, we just got 2 more games in tonight. Everytime is a whole new experience.

Hehn.

Quote:
One person tries the winning strategy from the previous game and everyone tries to stop them, revealing a whole new strategy. We've consistently played with 4 and everyone *loves* this game.

That's great.

Quote:
Thanks again JC.

Welcome.

For your amusement I'll give you the situation that occurred last Wednesday in a 3 player teaching game:

1) I won the Pennsylvania and B&O for $18 each.

2) Player to my right wins the C&O for $18.

3) Player to my left wins the NYC for $16.

4) I open by capitalising the NYC. I need to ensure that at least one of the capitalisations this round does hit one of my shares. RightPlayer wins it for $6.

5) LeftPlayer Capitalises the B&O and RightPlayer wins it for $6.

6) RightPlayer capitalises the Pennsylvania and wins it for $6. Of course I'd expected him to capitalise the C&O, so so much for a preserve-one-of-my-shares plan! LeftPlayer has one NYC and $22 cash. RightPlayer has one of everything and $10 cash.

What should I do? FYI, just in case you were expecting a miraculous recovery, I ended up losing the game by $7, $49/$47/$42. A most embarrassing game and my only teaching failure to date (LeftPlayer loathed it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You had surprisingly low prices for the second shares, that's what strikes me odd. We've had the second shares usually sell for pretty much as much as the first shares. Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our 2nd game last night, 3 of us were busy driving PA and NYC to Chicago and left 1 player to work on the C&O. He quietly expanded and developed and when we realized the C&O was in the running, we tried to dilute his stock which completely backfired and he ended up with 4 shares in the C&O and made it to Chicago before we could force game end. Needless to say, he ended up winning...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
msaari wrote:
You had surprisingly low prices for the second shares, that's what strikes me odd. We've had the second shares usually sell for pretty much as much as the first shares. Interesting.

Yes. 2 newbies. There was nothing I could do about it. Those $6 shares *should* have sold for around $20ea. The only thing I had possibly left to do was to drive the game to a close as quickly as possible and hope they overbid as I continued to dilute -- which was in fact what happened. Ultimately not a single company made it further west than Wheeling...

Strange things can and do happen when you have two players who just don't get it and one of them forms an intense dislike for the game and (largely) disengages on the first turn (LeftPlayer). Still, it was an amusing and educational game for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've noticed in our games that C&O can be a real killer, and needs to be diluted mercilessly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
rockusultimus wrote:

Yes.

Err, which is it? "Yes" could mean either, so is it

EVERY or only FIRST please?

Ta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every railroad. That's something worth stressing when explaining the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gomez wrote:
Err, which is it? "Yes" could mean either, so is it

EVERY or only FIRST please?

Ta.

I took JC's affirmative response as an answer to the thread subject as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.