Russian Rails» Forums » General

Subject: When Communism Falls! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kendall Johns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Another good addition to this series.

The only thing that niggles is when the "Fall of Communism" card comes into Play.

I do not like the primary suggested way - just shuffle it into the deck - In this case it could be either the first Event Card turned up or the last. Neither would be ideal.

We prefer to, (after the starting load cards have been distributed), split the deck into 3 roughly equal piles, shuffle the "Fall" card into the midle pile, then complete the deck. This way there is chance of some action in both pre- and post- era's.

The rules also suggest that this event happens an a particular point, e.g. when the first player connects 4 cities, etc.

It occurs that you could also decide in a similar way to how we decide when the Rainbow Bridge opens in IRON DRAGON, i.e. when any player has a certain amount of cash, this is a random number between 60 and 160. To get this we cut the deck and check the card number. If this is greater than 100 we re-draw, otherwise we add 60 to that number and that is the amount for that game. (I think this idea originated at Finchley Games Group, if not apologies).

We will be trying this way next time.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.