Thumb up
1 Posts

MarraCash» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Alexander
flag msg tools
After the last game where everyone did well (except me), another game was immediately requested.

People really wanted that $200 comission from selling shops over $500, so they targetted the shops that had made a killing in the previous game, and the prices were high. Way too high, in hindsight. I bought two shops in the first round, and was completely broke. After another round, both Paul and I were completely broke, leaving my wife and Paul's wife with all the money. Oh no - they could give each other a couple of REALLY cheap auctions and get way ahead of us. Fortunantly Paul pulled a couple non-ideal moves that made us both some money, so were were able to at least get the auctions above $500, so although they didn't pay as much as we did at the beginning of the game, they didn't get any big bargains.

I bought a couple more shops, and went broke again - one time, buying a blue shop that would have driven traffic away from another blue and red shop I had. I (purposely) bought it to put no people in it - I had the only 2 shops by that fountain, and didn't want anyone else moving the people away from my shops.

I think my strategies were flawed... Marlene won with around $2500, but she only had one shop! One shop where 7 customers got in. Definitely gives me something to think about - the game ends so soon, I'm definitely buying too many shops, and not focusing on moving.

Still a great game - I love this even though I keep losing. I'll get it eventually.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.