Thumb up
1 Posts

Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
flag msg tools
After 2 games of Senjutsu, I showed Yves my game of Lord of the Ring: The Confrontation. It was his first game. I told him from the start that, I found that the dark side are a little more easier to play with and have better odds of winning, so I let him use the dark side and start the game.

This game I played was my best game yet. Playing the white side isn`t easy. It takes a couple of games to know what you should do depending on the foe you are facing. I understood more what I was doing and why. Therefore, for the first time I found that the game is more deeper than I thought. There are some strategies that you can do. For some reason, before I never saw exactly what I should do in some situations. I am very surprised, and found new admiration for the game in question.

I will have to play white again some time soon to retest my theory`s concerning some characters. More curious now about the dark side and the strategies involved.

The game in question, it was total carnage. Characters were were getting killed in a surprising rate. In the end, I had Frodo and Gandalf. Having Gandalf in the end is very useful and is best. Reason why is because of Gandalf`s ability. The dark side needs to play his card first. So it very useful to know which card to use in order to win the battle and staying alive. Last two of Yves characters were Saruman and the Cave Troll. Saurman was in the Shire. I managed to kill the Cave troll with a 4. 9-9, so both characters were killed. Time for Yves to move and he couldn`t, so I won the game.

My best game yet and one which I had more fun playing.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.