Thumb up
1 Posts

Citadels» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Citadels - 2nd game - [session report] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
2nd time playing this game IRL. This time we have 7 players. However, since my first time playing IRL, I've played about 15+ games between (online single player) and BSW (online multiplayer). The former doesn't have TOO great of an AI. It knows to take out buildings for free as the Warlord, but not much else beyond that.

seating order:
p1 (me)
p6 ..... started with the crown counter

Game Hilights
-4 gold was stolen from one player
-0 gold was stolen on several occassions
-Magician's player hand exchange was invoked 4 times
-p7 wasn’t really wild about the game, so he played ‘kingmaker’ throughout much of the game
-early on, I had 2 green districts and closer towards the end, a 3rd one. The Merchant and Architect were a popular choices for assassination and robbery. THAT, and players expected me to choose the Merchant b/c of my 2 to 3 green districts got me to NOT choose the Merchant much of the time. It is worth noting that only one time, the Merchant wasn’t a choice for me when I was #4 through #7 in my pick of characters. When I did have a wide range of choice, I went with less favorable characters for me like the King, since I had no yellow districts

towards the end
I had a road map planned out. I had 3 districts played. I had in my a Harbor (grn5), and 3 one-gold districts. I was gonna draw more cards, play 2 more districts of 2 to 3+ value (assuming I would hopefully get them), save up at least 3 gold, then try to use the Architect to play my remaining 3 single coin districts. I got my hand exchanged by the Magician from p5 before I could finish that. I was 2 turns away from doing so.

Instead, I used the Magician to snatch p3's hand of 4 cards. One of them was a Tavern (grn1), one a University (purple8 w/6 cost), and two 5 pt cards. I could still make this work. Even if p5 or p3 finished out first, with the 3pt bonus, and with no bonuses for myself, the sheer # of points on my cards would likely trump other players' relatively lower valued cards + any bonuses. The "8 points for 6 gold" University card certainly was a nice 'trump card' for me, as the final score below will indicate.

End Of Game
me: 30 pts
p2: ?
p3: 28
p4: ~20
p5: 28 ..... with 4pt + 3pt bonuses
p6: 21?
p7: 15?

I never got assassinated. Got "robbed" once (didn't have any $$), Got my cards "stolen" once.

I ended up with the following district cards in the format of
card name (color of card) # of points - description if purple card:

University (purp) 8 - costs 6 to build
Prison (red) 2

Battlefield (red) 3
Docks (green) 3
Harbor (green) 4

Town Hall (grn) 5
Smithy (purp) 5 - pay 2 gold to draw 3 district cards

Can't remember who else got the bonuses, only that I didn't get any of them and probably 2 or 3 ppl got the 3pt bonus and one person probably got the 2pt bonus.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.