1 Posts

Wizard» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Trick Taking Memories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Tonkin
United States
flag msg tools
Had a chance to play Wizard last night at the Berry Hill gaming night in Nashville, TN with Jim, Devon, and Wilson. I hadn't played a trick taking card game since the early 90's. I used to play a lot of spades when I was in the military at that time.

I'm not sure if it took a while to get in the swing of things or if it was just the starting rounds of low card count. I was used to dealing the whole deck in spades, which let you count cards and with lots of practice know how many tricks to bid. Things started off slow and I was in the negatives by round 4 or 5. As the game went along and the hand count got higher things started looking up for me.

Going into the last round I had a small lead and I bid 3 tricks. As the hand went I had no tricks with only 4 cards left to play. I was holding a Jester, two Wizards, and a King of Clubs. I had already seen the two other Wizards played, at least one other Jester, and I had thrown off the Ace of Clubs to one of the other Wizards. This brought a comment from Jim, wondering why I was throwing off an Ace with no tricks taken. In the end he had guessed right, he kept the Queen of clubs for the last trick, but I had led with the King.

I was worried there for a while, but it turned out in the end. I won with 410 points, everyone else was in the 300's. With scores like that everyone played well and it was a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.