1 Posts

Family Business» Forums » Sessions

Subject: mob wars rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Jamelli
United States
flag msg tools
I spent the weekend playing a few games with the extended family and my brother in law was in from Pittsburgh. I thought this would be a fast and easy game for everyone to play and for the most part I was right.

Jason took the New York mob, Jennifer took the Purple Gang, Francie took the Bank Robbers and I took Murder Inc.

Early on, everyone figured since I was the only one who had played the game before that it would be a good idea to get my mobsters on the hit list early. I was lucky enough to have a few mob power cards dealt, so they ended up putting their own on the hit list.

Francie stayed pretty quiet during the first few rounds and the first mob war started with 2 NY, 3 Purple, and 1 Murder Inc. A quick substitution card allowed Jen to move a Bank robber in place of her mobster, so after the first Mob War ended, Francie and I had 8 mobsters to 7 for Jason and Jennifer.

The next two mob wars were bad to Francie and I, as we each lost 4 mobsters and Jason and Jen solidified their leads. After 3 Mob Wars, Jennifer still had her 6, Jason 4, while Francie and I struggled with 4.

Mob wars continued, bringing the eventual scores/mob totals to:

NY 2, Purple Gang 4, Bank Robbers 3, Murder Inc. 2

Jennifer/Purple gang had the best cards possible now and it was her turn. She played the Vendetta card, eliminating me/Murder Inc and Jason/NY. After that double rate Mob War, she led off again and immediately put a double contract on 2 of the Bank Robbers. Francie was able to get one of the purple gang on the hit list, but the next card played by Jennifer was the St. Valentines Day Massacre - knocking the robbers down to 1 and the gang to 3. An RIP card after gave the final win to Jennifer and the Purple Gang.

All in all a fun game that took about 40 minutes to play.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.