1 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Last Night on Earth, First play. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Park
United States
flag msg tools
I have recently started playing with a weekly gaming group. "Zombies" is a game that I have heard a lot about. The trash talk starts a few days ahead of game night and continues through the next week. I played for the first time and enjoyed it. The game was over much too quickly however.

We set up the board to try and escape in the truck.
Jim controlled the zombie horde and took great enjoyment in our destruction.

I started out as the Sheriff and started searching. Right off the bat I scored the keys!

Sam was playing Johnny and soon found himself with a crowbar.
Brian was Father Joseph. He mostly kept rolling horribly and whined that Johnny should deliver the crowbar to him.
Teong was playing the "Drifter". He was able to get to a building and start searching, but was soon overpowered and destroyed. I even tossed a card to heal a wound, but to no avail. The end came for him shortly afterwards.

Within just a few turns Brian was dead after being locked inside a building with a gaggle of creatures. I think Jim enjoyed working him over the most (as would I if I had pulled the zombies). Horrible dice rolls and poor searches. Brian was soon dead. The cards Jim played on him made me smile, even if it did hurt our team.

Johnny made some decent movement rolls and was soon searching. He found the gas can but was not able to get away from the rising horde. The Sheriff killed some zombies with the pistol, then ran out of ammo. Killed two undead with one shot using the shotgun, then jammed. He was doing all he could to help get Johnny out to safety, but the zombies just kept coming!

I enjoyed playing this scenario driven game. As the heroes we just were not rolling well enough. The zombies were a constant force to be reckoned with! I look forward to playing this again.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.