Hey, That's My Fish!» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Great game for my 7 year old rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Game Artisans of Canada Member
My Best Bud Parker 2004-2016
I recently purchased Hey! That's My Fish! based upon a recommendation from a friend and the information found on BGG. I bought it so the whole family could play. Being a big gamer myself, I'm always looking out for family games my 7 year old son and wife would really enjoy playing. Everyone is already big on videogames in our household, but I also feel it is important to introduce my son to more traditional sorts of games. In particular, games that would improve his social and problem solving skills. Something besides Snakes & Ladders and Battleship!

I was pleasantly surprised by the simplicity of the rules and the potential depth of gameplay in Hey! That's My Fish! The theme is very silly and appealing to my son's funny bone. He picked up the rules very quickly and was eager to explain it all to his mom after we had played a round or two by ourselves. While he didn't catch onto some of the deeper strategy elements, he still enjoyed it when his dad would cut off a penguin from the rest of the ice floe. He thought the concept of a penguin being stuck on a single piece of ice to be hilarious as opposed to disappointing. The counting of fish at the end of the game is a great way for children to learn counting by 1s, 2s and 3s.

The only suggestion I would make to anyone interested in purchasing this game is to make sure you play on a felt cloth surface. The hexagon pieces move around very easily and the board can easily get messed up during the excitement of play.

The only other game my son has so much fun playing is Incan Gold: Diamant.

out of 5
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.