Subject: A whirlwind weekend of gaming goodness. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chip Crawford
United States
flag msg tools
So I just had an awesome weekend!

Friday night:
Super close game of Terra Nova. Final scores were within 2 points.
Three games of Quoridor.
One game of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? just to say I've played it. (Recieved it as a gift from a cousin) Mechanics are a little strange, but any time spent boardgaming is better than 99% of everything else I have to do, so....

Saturday Night:
Two games of Hive with my buddy's wife. (She's the only one that will regularly play 1-1 strategy games with me) We were both learning the rules together. Basically we learned to keep your queen away from the beatles AT ALL COST!
Two games of GIPF. We had learned the rules to that last week and liked it, so we got in a couple of quick games before everyone else got there.
Several games of Wits & Wagers. I got this for my gaming group and was a little worried they wouldn't like it. I was WRONG! It was a huge hit. It's funny to see the range of variation in our answers to seemingly innane questions like how many blue M&M's are in the average bag.
It was getting late and I don't know how but some one suggessted, Trivial Pursuit: DVD Pop Culture 2, who was I to turn down a challenge......then it was 4:00 AM. :)

It was a good thing that I got all the gaming goodness, because Sunday my Dryer kicked the bucket and I had to get a new one. But still a great weekend.

Hope ya'lls was good too.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.