1 Posts

Show Manager» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Comfort
United States
flag msg tools
Dave, Mike, Lisa, Brian, and I sat down to a five player game of Showmanager, in which the players attempt to cast the highest quality plays possible. I started out with what was probably a mistake. I put on my production of “Wolf” in New York City when it was worth only 19 points. That is beatable, and you don’t want to get beat in the Big Apple. The scores are weighted such that New York pays the best plays the most in the game, but it pays the worst plays the least in the game. Surprisingly, as we started putting on more and more shows, my Wolf production was somehow holding up. Lisa eventually bumped me from the top spot, but I still ended up in second there. I had a bad break with my Ballet production, when I produced it for 30 points. It was not a terrible total, but the house production and another player had Ballets going worth 30 already on the board! Aargh, one more point and I would have passed both of them! Ah well, I borrowed money heavily from that one. The game was coming to a close, and casts were being fired left and right. Dave used his last $2000 to fire the cast one last time, and he needed a free actor that would help his last play. He got it, bumping Brian and me down a notch each, but he was completely broke. I put on a huge King Lear production, leaping into first place for that show. When the final score was tallied, Dave and I were tied. However, I still had $1000 left, the smallest non-zero amount of money possible in the game, and Dave was still broke.

Final Scores:
Tim 47 ($1000)
Dave 47 ($0)
Lisa 42
Mike 39
Brian 33
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.