Thumb up
1 Posts

Netrunner» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The evening started with Jamal and I playing a double game of Netrunner. We hadn't played in a while, but we quickly shook the dust off and got going.

Round 1

I started as the faceless multinational identified only as the 'Corp'. My initial card mix was good: a couple of pieces of medium cost, medium strength ice, and some good agendas.

Jamal had a slower start as the anarchistic 'Runner'. It took him a while to get the cards he needed to perform successful runs on my assets. In particular, he was quite short of money, and it also took him a long time to get a good icebreaker on the table.

I played an aggressive game as the Corp, scoring an agenda within the first three or four turns. This agenda was Corporate Coup which lets me take an action to gain three bits (money). This gave me a quick income boost which would allow me to eventually win the game. I ended up scoring another two or three agendas before Jamal had the chance to make a run.

Round 1: Corp 7, Runner 0

Round 2

We changed sides and played the same decks. This was a much closer game. I never got the cards I was hoping for, but I managed to keep the pressure on the Corp to a reasonable extent. We were both a bit starved for money, which helped to level the playing field. Jamal scored a few agendas, and I was lucky enough to snatch one off of the top of R&D, and another one out of HQ (the Corp's deck and hand respectively). In the end, I wasn't able to foil enough of the Corp's malignant designs, and they went on to win the round.

Round 2: Corp 7, Runner 5

Game: Tim 15, Jamal 10
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.