Thumb up
1 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » News

Subject: “Rome vs Barbarians” tournament is over, Saliha has won. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Flaibani
flag msg tools
Mini-tournament #12, organized by the C&CA Vassal Players League, has completed with Saliha (Espoir on Vassal) prevailing over Peng (Maraxus) in a close final match. The tournament consisted of ten players, randomly assigned into two groups. In the preliminary phase, one group played the Roman Army side and the other group played the Barbarian Army side in five scenarios: Clusium, Telamon, Clastidium, Arausio, Aquae Sextiae. After this phase was completed, the top two scoring players from each group played each other in a two-game match for the Semifinals, playing both sides of the Vercellae scenario. The winner of each group then met in the Finals, to play a two-game match of the Cefn Carnedd scenario.
Saliha said: “In the second game of the Finals, when I was winning 4-1 decided to play a “Double Time”, hoping to get the victory in a last rush. Unintentionally, I dragged on the desk a “Order Medium Troops” instead, scored no points and broke my battle array. Peng promptly seized the opportunity, and in a couple of turns achieved the tie, then the victory. But in the meantime, one lucky arrow gave me the banner I needed to win the tournament.”. The Peng’s comment:” This tournament has been the toughest one I ever played. Espoir did her every steps very carefully, which made the tournament's result very close. I'd love to say that she is a honorable opponent. I hope that I could meet another opponent like her in the future tournaments. Best wishes!”

More info and logfiles at:

Aren’t you on Vassal yet? Follow our tutorial:
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.