Ticket to Ride» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
flag msg tools
First up for the night: Ticket to Ride (with the Mystery Train expansion).

I drafted my Dad, Suze, Ange, and Carmella to make it five.

I selected mainly North-South routes through the Midwest. Dad, Suze, and Carmella concentrated in the Midwest and East Coast. Ange was pretty much on her own in the West.

The connections through the Midwest began to be congested pretty quickly. Making sure I was not blocked, I made sure I completed the short routes by Nashville and Los Angeles(I was working my way up to Portland. My other main route was from Helena to Los Angeles). Ange began to consolidate her holdings in the West.

This was Ange's first time playing and it must have been beginner's luck. What seemed like round after round, she kept placing 5 and 6 length routes. She must have been matching colors like crazy. This quickly depleted her car supply and began to pressure the other players.

The other players did not seem to have much difficulty in completing their tickets either. But I needed 4-violet or 4-green to complete the route from Denver to Omaha or Helena to Salt Lake City, respectively. This was the linchpin in connecting my Midwest to West tickets. Sadly, I could not gain the appropriate colors in the few rounds before Ange went down to her last train. This left me with 3 incomplete tickets (out of 4) and major negative points.

The final results:

Ange = 141 (including 49 for completed tickets and the longest train)
Dad = 103 (including 48 in complete tickets)
Suze = 100 (including 55 in complete tickets)
Carmella = 93 (including 61 in complete tickets)
Me = 35 (including -27 for incomplete tickets).

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.