Subject: Resident Evil-Inspired Variation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Pfarr
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hello, everybody.

I'm a big fan of Zombies!!! and a newcomer to BGG, so I thought I would introduce myself and also draw attention to the Resident Evil-inspired variation that I just got approved for the files section. It's called Domestic Badness (get it?) and it adds some mystery and intrigue by way of randomly-assigned secret identities (somewhat inspired by the card game Bang!).

Anyway, if anyone gives it a shot, my friends and I would love to hear thoughts and suggestions for improvement. Thanks.

P.S. Are there any other RE fans playing Zombies!!! that would love to see a mansion-themed expansion someday? I can't think of a locale that I would prefer more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Really? REALLY?!
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome to BGG!

A very intresting addition. I have read through the rules and sounds like fun.

I would question how Event cards would work. Typically you would play these against other players, but until "Wisker" or "STUD" reveal you will have a hand full of useless cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Really? REALLY?!
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you like this sort of idea (esspecially the Mansion idea) you should check out Zombie Plague http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/7514 or Dead of Night http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/27736

Both are fantastic Zombie games (better then Zombies!!! even) and are free to download and print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pfarr
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Cool. Thanks for the tips on the other games.

That is a valid point about the event cards. When we playtested, it was partially about building up a hand of the best possible 3 cards before the end game while at the same time having some cycling of the cards in order to get the ones that would help you or the group.

The other part came about when I (playing as Whisker) managed to convince most of the S.U.N.Z. that one of their own members was Whisker. This caused them to turn on him while at the same time causing him to suspect me and start playing nasty cards on me. As you might guess, this in turn caused the other S.U.N.Z. to suspect him even more. As a result, there really was not much of a shortage of nasty cards played and I was able to totally shock them right at the end (even though I ended up losing by one lousy turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Markham
United States
Saint Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
We added a map tile "The Umbrella Corporation" (with 4 Enhanced Zombies and 2 dog zombies), and a couple of event cards ("Umbrella Corp Trained" and "T-Virus Antidote") to add some Resident Evil flavor to our game. When combining with the Send More Humans expansion, it fits well with people getting infected, then trying to get to Umbrella to cure the virus if not wanting to be a player zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls