Catan» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Friesen
United States
flag msg tools
Elise, Don, Connie, Jeremy

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon. The girls were napping. Aidan was visiting a friend. So we played a quick game of pinochle. After the game was done, we started into a game of Seafarers of Catan. The board was one of the more friendly boards I had seen in quite a while. There were numerous spots with three solid resources. There was a good distribution of most materials. Ore was sparse, and thanks to no 8s, it turned out to be ridiculously rare.

The game took awhile to get moving. Most of us were getting ample wheat and sheep. So growth was slow, but steady. As the game progressed, Connie position to get more ore from the 8. It proved to be an abandoned mine. Elise explored and landed on a new island. I snagged a spot on the 8 ore. Don pressed towards exploration, and built an excellent city on an 11 ore (which paid once or twice). Elise began to sputter, however, with an amazing spot of luck managed to get within striking distance. In what would be the final round of the game, I purchased two development cards. I was one soldier away from getting the Largest Army. And had I had a chance to play the soldier I would have won. However, victory was Elise's as she managed to build both a city and a settlement.

A great game. Lots of fun. Everyone was doing well.

Observations: In an ore poor situation, it is very dangerous to build your final settlement (unless, of course, it is for the victory).
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.