United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my first personal order from Wargame Depot (I had ordered previously for someone else as a trade).

Great packing job. Little wasted space, but everything was safe and securely-packed.

Now, my debate is which game to break open first...

Wings of War: Burning Drachens? Completes my Wings of War collection, less the 19 miniatures I'm still missing.

Red Star Rising: The War in Russia, 1941-1944? Lots of great buzz on this baby. I'm eager to play.

Case Blue? Monster game goodness! Least likely to get to play, due to size and lack of opponents.

Or should I hold off until I finish inventorying which games I'm going to try to flea market off at the next Strategicon convention at the end of the month?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will DeMorris
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice goody box you have there. Personally I would be most interested in Case Blue, but that's the sadist in me talking. Once World at War: Eisenbach Gap gets reprinted I'll be making an order myself.

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would choose off the top of my head Red Star Rising! It seems the most playable game and the best subject. I would play Wings of War second. Congratulations on your collection! How many planes do you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Russ
United States
Marshall
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:

Or should I hold off.....

You can't possibly mean that. cry

Pretend it's your birthday and rip open all 3 as quickly as you can.

Cheers,
Jason
www.wargamedepot.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you can get an opponent fo RSR, you probably could play the first scenario in case blue. It is long 35 turns (or something like that), but it isn't too counter dense, not like the karkov one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leave them in the shrink. Pack everything else and then relocate to the greater Cincinnati area.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO depends how much experience you have with the OCS series. A friend of mine suggested learning the series thru Tunesia (another "buy - me suggestion, wink wink ). Case Blue is a box of "mini - monster" which take time and space (and I still can't run the mod on my computer). I personally want to approach the game thru Guderian's Blitzkrieg (1st ed.) which has some smaller scenarios and a "learning approach" like the old AH "programmed instructions".

If you have no experience with OCS then I would start with RSR - a good solid game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
JackFlash wrote:
How many planes do you have?

Only 5 so far, one of each model of the Series 1 planes, and a second Fokker triplane. At least I have the top aces from the Series 1 planes, with Fonck, Udet and von Richtofen in my collection already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any American aces in the series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.