Subject: Tied Agent X's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is in the rules somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

What happens if both players play the same agent? Whose goes first?

This probably only matters with the Master Spy, but I didn't see it under the Master Spy thread.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
The player owning the balance token goes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only relevant for the Double Agent and the Analyst and the rules for each agent spell out what to do when this happens. It's based on the domination token, not the balance token. If both players play any other matching agents, it doesn't matter who goes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Cold War this afternoon and encountered an interesting situation:

The Objective was Libya, and after several mobilizations, we ended up at an odd tie.

I had Guerillas (1) and Mercenaries (3), and my wife had Police (4). All of these Groups were Military, and we both passed.

It was evident from the way were playing that we both had deployed our Master Spy. My Guerillas were unmobilized, but I didn't want to risk destroying her Police, for fear that the next Group she drew would be 3 or less influence points. So I just passed, and so did she.

With no evident tiebreaker, we were at a true standstill. We we decided just to just call it a tie, assign no points, put Libya on the bottom of the deck, put both Master Spies on leave, and move on to a new objective.

Does this sound right? Or have I missed something in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_great_dalmuti wrote:
With no evident tiebreaker, we were at a true standstill.

Ties are broken based on the order of the symbols on the objective card. It's impossible to have a tie since there is only one of each card in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see now, I was overlooking the rule. Ties are broken by the largest card of the tie-breaking color, not the sum of all your cards of the tie-breaking color. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.