Popular Tags: [View All]
Levi Banker
United States
Sandusky
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else had problems loading the BGG site with Firefox in the last few days? I installed no-script tonight and found it was caused by googleadservices.com. I have tried IE, Opera, and Firefox, and only Firefox has the long load times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I temporarily disabled NoScript to see if I could recreate what you're seeing. I'm not seeing any slowness with those js files though. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14 on OS X 10.4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have WinXP, Firefox 3.0b5, and NoScript 1.6.4 blocking both googleadservices.com and google-analytics.com, and have no problems with speed. The site response comes and goes but it's usually fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the slowness, too. I use the latest Firefox and don't know what NoScript is. The front page takes about 40 seconds to load because of google ads and google analytics. The other pages don't take quite so long--less ads, I guess.

It's so annoying sometimes, watching the line of ads across the top of the page do a slow-mo move across the screen, that I just say "forget it" and leave.

Maybe no one else notices it, maybe no one will see this post. But I didn't want Levi to think he was crazy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Banker
United States
Sandusky
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It only happens on one of my 3 computers, all the same Firefox and NoScript versions. I'm guessing its due to the custom Windows updates that I choose for each machine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.