flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start Date: June 9th
Lynch Time: 10 PM or 11 AM
Players: 17
Tiebreak: Coin Toss

Summary

This game is based on the book and movie No Country for Old Men. The game begins with coin toss selections. All those who guessed wrong will be on Chigurh's hitlist (I may randomly shave or add to keep game close to balanced). At that point the game begins and consists of roughly 3 teams: Good (including Moss's personal goals), the Mexicans (and Carson Wells), and Chigurh. Each of these have a victory condition, and many have abilities. The game will proceed in typical WW fashion: day lynch and night actions (including kills).

Roles

-----------------

Chigurh Team

Anton Chigurh

VC1: Kill hitlist (Mexicans, Wells, Moss, Carla Jean, Random Bystanders)
VC2: Get Money

Ability 1: Choose one player to kill at night.
Ability 2: If targeted by the Mexicans, kill lowest ranked Mexican instead.
Ability 3: Can choose to kill during day - must choose a player that's either a) voting on Chigurh b) being voted by Chigurh or c) is immediately before or after Chigurh on voting for a player (kill is resolved after lynch)
Ability 4: Is tough-brutal. Kills voter of choice if lynched, and survives but then loses both abilities.
Ability 5: Wins all lynch ties.
Ability 6: If Chigurh votes or is voted on by anyone Wells has viewed, he learns the identity of Wells.

------------------

Mexican Team and Wells

The Mexicans (3)

VC1: Get Money.
VC2: Kill Moss.
VC3: Chigurh must be dead.

Ability 1: Kill one player (collectively) each night.
Ability 2: Know each other (all 3) and have chat room

Carson Wells

VC1: Kill Chigurh.
VC2: Get Money.

Ability 1: Each night can do 1 action of the following 1) search for Moss 2) search for Chigurh 3) Chat with Mexicans the next day phase.
Ability 2: If targeted by the Mexicans, the kill bounces.
Ability 3: If Wells views Moss, he obtains the money.

-----------------

Good Team and Moss

Llewelyn Moss

VC (Major): Eliminate all evil teams and survive while still holding the cash.
VC (Minor): Eliminate all evil teams.

Ability 1: Once a game can use resourcefulness to hide and avoid all actions targeting Moss.
Ability 2: Starts with the money.
Ability 3: Wins all lynch ties.

Ed Tom Bell (and Wendell)

VC: Must eliminate all evil.

Ability 1: Each night look for Moss. If found, becomes Masons with Moss and Moss cannot be killed until Bell is killed first. Moss also loses the cash and can only win his minor VC.
Ability 2: Knows the ID of Carla Jean Moss.

Carla Jean Moss

VC (Major): Must eliminate all evil.

Ability 1: Knows the ID of Ed Tom Bell and Moss.

Bystanders

VC (Major): Eliminate all evil and stay alive.
VC (Minor): Eliminate all evil and be dead, or remain alive while evil fulfills VCs.

Abilities: None

--------------

Money: The money can be passed during the Night Phase. Pass would occur before anything else. All other action simultaneous.

--------------

These rules are not set, and will be re-examined. Feedback would be appreicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
bonnerbg
dinsky7024
Joseph Hill
Redhawke
Rukasu
TheArchAngel

6 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/3122...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Anton Chigurh
Quote:
Llewelyn Moss

... Who wins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Survival-for-win conditions are... dangerous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
Anton Chigurh
Quote:
Llewelyn Moss

... Who wins?

Currently, in that case it goes back to the default: Random. But I may just change it later to Chigurh. Not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the mexicans are going to have a tough time of it. There's the Chigurh guy, who they have to kill, but if they try, he'll take one of them out. There's another role who can make their kill bounce. That's pretty significant with only 3 of them, I think.

BTW, I like that the bartenders can win a minor VC by being alive, but I don't like that the major requires survival- basically makes the killers kingmakers as well, and means they can't play for the team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Marr
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redhawke wrote:
I think the mexicans are going to have a tough time of it. There's the Chigurh guy, who they have to kill, but if they try, he'll take one of them out. There's another role who can make their kill bounce. That's pretty significant with only 3 of them, I think.

BTW, I like that the bartenders can win a minor VC by being alive, but I don't like that the major requires survival- basically makes the killers kingmakers as well, and means they can't play for the team.

I may make some timing mechanism for them to leave the game without killing Chigurh after getting the money. Other than that, all they have to do is get the money and kill Moss. Not parity. Chigurh is the agent of death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bo Bonner
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redhawke wrote:

This isn't really true since it's not parity driven. The killers are looking for Moss. Chigurh is too, but is also looking to kill those who fall by unfortunate circumstance in his killing matrix. Thus, the kingmaking is unintentional, though it may exist by chance.

I've tailored the movie to its theme pretty heavily. Basically, the paradigm of the world is random violence or bad circumstances that are really unavoidable with our own volition. We can just get lucky, maybe. Any sort of ethic or philosophy that runs up this stream or thinks it can trump it for its own gain is probably doomed to failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any hidden abilities in this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, there is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the game end?
Can wells win with the mexicans?
How does well's chat ability work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redhawke wrote:
How does the game end?

By one player reaching their VC.

Quote:

Most definitely. Roughly, he is on their team. But I can see that they're a little out of alignment with the Moss VC.

Quote:
How does well's chat ability work?

Use the night action to choose chat. The next day until Dusk he is in the Mexicans chat room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Redhawke wrote:
How does the game end?

By one player reaching their VC.

Or good as a group?

Quote:

Most definitely. Roughly, he is on their team. But I can see that they're a little out of alignment with the Moss VC.
[/q]

So would a fair statement of the mexican VC be "kill cthulu and moss, and assure the money is held by either one of the mexicans or wells"?

dbmurph22 wrote:
Use the night action to choose chat. The next day until Dusk he is in the Mexicans chat room.

Under his player or role name?

Also, removing a player from a chatroom in cassy will cause their posts in the room to be deledted. Just FYI.

Also, if it were me, I would make the bystander's VC be a major for killing all evil, and a minor for surviving, while could win a major by killing all evil OR being alive at the end with the money. Just seems to work better. But of course it's your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Right, good as a group. When a shared or individual role reaches their VC.

2. Correct. The Mexicans and Wells share the Chigurgh and Money VCs, but the Mexicans have an extra one. They both work for the same man, and Wells has more of a conscience it seems. That's actually his downfall, for a small spoiler.

3. The Chat Room will be under Role Name. I will just lock the chat room and create another if it comes to that.

4. Thanks for the suggestion, but it just doesn't line up thematically. Moss' greed and self-assurance needs to be emphasized.

I've come this far with theme - have to go with it. Otherwise I could probably make a better game with a loose loose adherence to the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.