Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed Mayfair sells the Catan Card Expansions, the Catan Card Game, and the Updated Barbarians Expansion. Do I need all 3 or just the Catan Expansions? Does it contain the catan base card game or is that a separate game altogether? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Goetz
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box called Catan card game is the base game. I'd recommend getting this first and making sure you like it before you get the expansions, which is a totally separate box called the "Catan Card Expansions". As far as I can tell, the set you get in the Barbarians box is identical to one of the six sets you get in CCE, and so is redundant, but I've only bought the CCE set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
FYI, this has been answered/discussed several times in the SoCCG forums...

All you need is the latest edition of the base game, and the latest edition of the Expansions.

Barbarians was also sold separately for folks who already owned the earlier edition of the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.