Subject: Strange Things are Amiss at the Circle K Tonight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in Costa Rica can be like living in the States, but it can also be worlds apart, and tonight was one of those nights. My wife and I just built a house on a big farm ( 260+ acres, mainly wooded ). When we bought it we new the old man we bought it from was a little strange and we knew he had a house in the woods somewhere. We had only visited the house once ( we where walking through the forest and where kinda lost when we came upon a trail that led to his house ) and even though we where very quite walking though the woods to get there, the old man met us at the trail ends where it opens up to his house, but his house was a good 80 yards in the clearing and we didn't get a good look at it really, but we could tell it was more of a shack then a house. The House was also by a little river and the bugs where very bad I remember. Anyways we bought the farm, had to keep working and built our house and had just gotten settled in. To be honest we had not even gone back to the old mans house. We had heard he had moved to the mountains to be with family, but I was never sure on that one.

So it is getting late and my wife informs we that she ran out of Ice Cream and I am to go get some, so I head to our little store in town ( I like to call it the Circle K because it has the least stuff, it's open the longest, and is the most expensive store in town ) that is still open this late. As I am leaving the store the store owner says good luck and I just give him a puzzled look and head out. I get home and am heading in side when my wife comes running out, I am about to lose my mind thinking someone is chasing her the way she is screaming at me. She says our dog has been going crazy barking the whole time and scratching at the doors. I hand her ice cream and we are just heading in the house and as I open the door our dog tackles me and runs off barking. My wife is screaming at me to go get him, and in the confusion ( my dog has never done anything like this ) I run after him with no flashlight. We have a trail into the woods by our house and I have followed it a few times on a small loop and my dog heads in there. It is a full moon and I have enough light that I decide to go for it with out getting a flash light. I follow him for a bit and then I realize that I am on a different trail then my regular loop trail. Just as Dylan's barking is getting louder I realize I have run into the clearing of the old mans house and my dog is by the front steps barking louder then I have ever heard him bark before. I run up and grab Dylan by the collar and then I notice movement in the window. Being a man my first instinct is to head in and find out who is in my house - I am thinking local high school kids or maybe even crack heads for all I know. I head up to the door and have Dylan by my side. As I open the door to the foyer my dog almost rips my arm out of the socket as he races away as fast as I have ever seen him run. I am in foyer wanting to go after my dog, but I am still out of breath from chasing him this far. So I remember the movement in the window and head into the house.

( the game starts here )

I walk into a family room and the first thing that strikes me is, there is furniture here - someone is actually living here. Being a shack there are big windows and enough moon light for me to see a machete on the table. I pick this up thinking it is better I have it then who ever is living here. There are 2 doors and I go through the one into a dining room with 3 doors, one of them leading to the back yard it looks like. As soon as I step in to the room I get the hebeegeebee's really bad , I mean scared, nervous, hair standing up scared and I almost wet myself I am so freaked out. I grab my machete even tighter and open the next door ready to kill who ever is in the house I am so freaked out at this point. The door opens into a storage room and I see a chain saw sitting on the floor. I have no clue why but my first thought was I could use this thing to clear some of the fallen trees on the farm. I put the machete in my belt and check the thing for gas and oil. It is ready to go so I pick it up and I saw stuff on the shelves but thought I can skip that stuff and come back tomorrow with some workers in the light of day. I head back into the Dining room and I kick something as I am walking, I look down and see a candy bar. I figure Maybe eating something will help calm my nerves and I down it in two bites. I helped my nerves a little and I felt a lot better after that tasty little treat. I try the other door and it opens into a bathroom right out of hell. I have no clue how/why/ or where they came from but I got attacked by 4 stinking filthy disease ridden zombies. I think this is where Candy bar really helped out. I jumped back and slammed that door as fast as I could. One of the stinking zombies got me on my arm, but it was just a scratch. I was totally freaked out at this point but wanted to get as far away from the bathroom as possible. I now have the Chain saw ready to start and am thinking I may have to use this thing way before I get to those fallen trees. I head back into the family room and I am assaulted by 5 of the grosses things I have ever seen ( well since the 4 in the bathroom that is ). Like I said I had the Chain saw ready and I buzzed through them all pretty good. 5 was just to much for me to go with out getting hit and one of them got through and banged my leg pretty good, I am just glad it wasn't to serious. Now I am covered in blood and am ready to kill more of these things.

I take the other door from the family room and it opens into a bizarre evil temple room with a pentagram outlined on the floor with blood and candles all over the place. I can just feel the impending doom from the room and feel a little bit of my strength and nerve get sapped right out of me. I focus on something in the center of the pentagram and see a evil looking little statue ( totem ). As I walk up to the pentagram with the intention of breaking the totem 4 zombies burst out from all corners of the room, how I did not smell them is beyond me. Looking back I think they might have been the ones from the bathroom who had followed my and while I was to busy focusing on the totem they snuck up on me. WIth only 4 of them I cut them to bits with the chain saw and didn't even get hit this time. The bad news was as I cut the head of the last one the chain saw ran out of gas. I pulled out the machete and went to break the totem. When I looked at it closer it was a statue of the old man we bought the farm from and I got a really bad feeling about breaking it. I felt I had to get it out of this house or this nightmare would never end.

I head back into the family room and can hear terrible screams from somewhere out side I think. I head into the dining room next and trip over a gulf club, I heft it once and drop it knowing the machete is the weapon for me. I don't know why I didn't go back out the way I came, but something made me go out the back door. As I entered the Patio I felt a real spark of hope ( I think from leaving that evil house ) and my arm stopped hurting me so bad. My watch also chimed telling me it was already 11 PM and I thought how did I miss the chime at 10 PM. I headed out side and ended up in a Garden that stunk of blood. Being a bit of a gardener my self I could not help but notice all the great greens that where growing here, I stopped for a second to try some of the lettuces that where growing and I could feel myself getting more confident and my leg stopped hurting me. From the garden I headed into a nicely cut yard ( how did I not now this was on my property ) and could see something on the ground on the other side of the yard but decided I was happy with my machete and headed on. Next thing I know I am in a graveyard and out of no where 6 zombies jump out at me, I m feeling strong and pissed off and I just pull a whirling durbish on them all, taking off heads like I was an old pro at this. But 6 of them was a handful for me and I barely made it out alive. I was beat up, bruised, and bleeding. I look around and I see a Tombstone that has the moon light beaming right on it, and sure enough it say " Manuel Ramon Rameriz Rameriz " the same guy we bought our farm from and the old man that looked just like the totem I was holding. I could see there was a hole dug out where the grave was and I was thinking someone must have dug up this totem because now I could see there was dirt embedded into the totem. I was just about to go put the totem in the hole when 6 more zombies come out of no where. I am way to beat up to handle this so I run back to the yard again but one of the undead got a hold of my arm and bruised it and drew blood. I hide up in a tree and just sat there cowering till I thought I heard them go away. I needed that rest cause I was near my wits end. I composed my self ( feeling much stronger )and knew what I had to do. I headed back to the grave yard ready to fight luckily there where only 5 zombies still there and we went at it. They beat me up pretty bad, but I put them all out of commission, I wanted to run and hide again but thought this has to stop hear, I head to the grave and 4 more Zombies come out from behind other graves and I am fighting for my life once again. I re-killed them all, but I was as close to death as any one person can be and still be standing. I dropped the totem in the hole buried it and let out a huge sigh of relief. When I got up dusted myself off, inspected all my wounds and was getting ready to head back the way I came I looked around and realized I was back on the loop trail and not in a graveyard. If I didn't have all the cuts, bruises, and pains I would have thought it was all a dream. Then my watch chimed midnight and I Headed home.

Dylan was asleep by the front door and didn't even wake when I entered. My wife was asleep on the coach and I headed to the Kitchen for a couple of shots before I got the first aid kit out. I figured I would let my wife sleep and try and explain it to her in the morning. My main goal would be to find that shack and burn it down in the morning.........................
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byl Kravetz
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well god damn. that was a mighty fine session report. thanks for the story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angry Dragon wrote:
well
Quote:
god damn.
that was a mighty fine session report. thanks for the story.

Is that really necessary?shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
mbmbmbmbmb
Great report!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Latina Nakita
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Write up, sure makes the game sound exciting. Deciding weather to fight or run from a swarm of zombies, Thanks for sharing.

Lee - maybe not needed, but at least he commented on the Report! He must have really really liked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That was fun, thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.