Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A mat with a landscape on it for WWI will also come soon.

In the meantime I'd suggest avoid glass tables. Playing on a tabecloth or a carpet works fine. Usually even a wood table or anyway a not too polished surface is fine enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut a tiny square of kitchen plastic wrap and stick it on the back of the plane cards. It won't harm them but will keep them from spinning while you are putting a maneuver card down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
A mat with a landscape on it for WWI will also come soon.

Yes! That's exactly what I have wanted. I almost plunked my money down here: http://www.hotzmats.com/mat_euro_usa_cont_tube.html
But now I'll wait and see what you come up with.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrenoK wrote:
It seems like a considerable issue to me, the fact that the cards move around a lot.

I found the same. The solution is simple: use a felt playing surface. It's a big improvement, solves the sliding problems, and has the additional advantage that you can also use it for other games. It's relatively inexpensive from most fabric stores. I use a felt Roll-O-Puzz puzzle mat, which works equally well.

For a previous discussion on this problem and more suggestions, see this thread:

Problem of sliding cards and slippery playing surface?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/223131
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.