Subject: Ablative coat counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought Armed & Dangerous and noticed there's 'Ablative coat counters' included in the box. I was wondering why, as there isn't an option card with 'ablative coat' included. 'Ablative Coat' is only included in the 'Crash & Burn' expansion.

Is there anyone who can explain the use of the tokens and counters in detail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Albative coat counters
Ablative Coat appears in the original RoboRally game as it was published by Wizards of the Coast. The option card and ablative coat chits come from the original game.

In the Wizards of the Coast version, option cards only appeared in either the original RoboRally game or the Armed & Dangerous expansion. Crash & Burn did not include any new option cards.

Here's what it says on the card.
Quote:

ABLATIVE COAT

Your robot is now covered with a special coat that takes 3 points of damage from any direction or source.

Discard after your robot takes a total of 3 points of damage.

The counters look like a circle with eyes that has a laser shot bouncing off of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why you need Ablative Coat counters. We just put standard damage counters on the card when it absorbs damage. When it gets its third counter it's discarded. What's complicated or confusing about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I remember it, the ablative coat counters did come in the Wizard of the Coast Armed and Dangerous expansion. The options card, however, came in the Wizards of the Coast original box.

So, if the expansion you bought was a WotC version, there's nothing strange with the ablative coat counters being there but not the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks to all for your replies.

I own the Dutch version of RoboRally, which contains no option cards at all. But there's an option card called 'Schutzhaut' in the German expansion of 'Crash & Burn', so I guess the Ablative Coat counters from the 'Armed & Dangerous' expansion can be used for the 'Crash & Burn' option card.

It seemed strange at first, as 'Armed & Dangerous' saw a release prior to 'Crash & Burn', but I guess it all has to do with the fact that the Dutch version doesn't contain any option cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dutch Crash & Burn is a 5-8 player expansion to the Dutch Base game (it includes the original Option Cards which came into the american releases). The american Crash and Burn (note the "&" and the "and" difference used on the name), just came with maps.

The Armed and Dangerous is made to be used with either the american base game or the Dutch Base Game + Crash & Burn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.