Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are a bit shadowy on this...

When a cavalry eliminates a unit or forces it to retreat, it can enter the vacated hex, move one more hex (as an option) and then attack again.

1. Can the extra hex be moved in any direction? For instance, could I enter the vacated hex, then move an "additional" hex backwards, and then attack again?
(I've always played yes, but I figured I might check with you guys.)

2. The rules say that if the second attack leads to the enemy hex being vacated once more, the cavalry can make another momentum advance, but not conduct another battle. My question is: can the cavalry move the extra hex after the momentum advance (even though it won't battle again)?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answers to your questions can be found in the FAQ:

#1. Yes..."The additional hex may be onto any adjacent hex including the one it just moved from." (FAQ, pg. 11; second full paragraph).

#2. No..."A cavalry unit, after a successful bonus close combat that eliminates or forces the enemy unit to retreat, may advance onto the vacated hex, but may not move the additional hex or battle again this turn." (FAQ, pg. 10; last Q&A before Reference Sheet entry).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
(I never came across the FAQ -- I'll got hunt it down right now...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.