Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When deploying a KC I am sure it is easy to remember yours from others on the map. However, if there are multiple KC's on the map how do you know who owns which one? I haven't played the game yet, but I would think it could get confusing if two or more KC's were in the same sea space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
When deploying a KC I am sure it is easy to remember yours from others on the map. However, if there are multiple KC's on the map how do you know who owns which one? I haven't played the game yet, but I would think it could get confusing if two or more KC's were in the same sea space.

During playtesting, nobody had any trouble with this, so we decided against a KC identity marker. Let me know if it's actually an issue, and I'll see about getting such markers in C3i magazine at the very least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I had the same question reading through the rules but thought I would take a look at the markers provided before asking the question. It seems like it could be a bit confusing with more players but only an actual game could verify this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again, Neil!

It may be that most things are intuitive when playing the game, so I apologize if my questions are a bit inane. I did not have the pleasure of playing the original game, so I am completely new to Blackbeard. I really appreciate the attention you and Richard have given these forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since pen&paper is already used for the game, why not just write down the name of the KC when you activate it?

-Jorge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Yeah, I can see one player acting as a 'secretary,' keeping notes on this kinda thing, along with the port info & safe havens. I can't see that there's much reason to make copies of the port grid, for only a couple of items. I'll just have a piece of scrap paper and pencil available...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
Thanks again, Neil!

It may be that most things are intuitive when playing the game, so I apologize if my questions are a bit inane. I did not have the pleasure of playing the original game, so I am completely new to Blackbeard. I really appreciate the attention you and Richard have given these forums.

Not inane at all. Let me know if it causes any issues. But for now, yes, keep track by pencil and paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
I can't see that there's much reason to make copies of the port grid, for only a couple of items. I'll just have a piece of scrap paper and pencil available...

You clearly haven't played with my game group, or their 'type'. We've got a couple (one in particular, but his philosophy has spread) of players who want to know every piece of information, all the time.

I'll be making copies. (not that I have any problem with that, especially as the Port Grid is available as a download.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.