Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's Tuesday Tempter adds a nice occupation that solves ties.

(who'll be first to post the usual "how am I supposed to know that I need to go to the lookout-games.de webpage and to the download section to find it? And how long will it take? 5 min?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how am I supposed to know that I need to go to the lookout-games.de webpage and to the download section to find it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 minutes. Ship the cookie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://lookout-games.de/wp-content/uploads/krawattenbrecher....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what's it mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tepper
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
So, what's it mean?

My German isn't great, but I believe it translates roughly to:

"Win in the case of a tie.

If it happens that at game end two players tie with the same score, you win the game. (You still win if you have the most points)."

If I read it correctly, the card doesn't say 'if you and another player tie for the MOST points', but rather 'if ANY players tie at the end of the game', then you win.

Funny card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
so you can come in dead last, and as long as 2 other players tie for ANY place you win? I love it! Its Chaotic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. I think it means if any players tie, then the person who reads the rule ('YOU") wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
so you can come in dead last, and as long as 2 other players tie for ANY place you win? I love it! Its Chaotic.

This is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is labelled a 'Tuesday Tempter', which to me seems to imply it's something to whet the appetite of those waiting for a copy of the game. To me though it comes across as a strange novelty item that makes me wonder what type of game Agricola is supposed to be...

Have I missed something here? Is this intended as a serious addition to the game, or an in-joke those who haven't played the game dozens of times won't get and don't need to worry about? Or somewhere in between?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the german name most of all. Unless I'm dead mistaken "kravatten" doesn't REALLY mean "tie" in the sense you'd expect.

"Slipsbrytare"

I would kill for the ability to create a real printed Swedish version of this game, inkluding the L deck, which in Swedish naturally has to be the "Lurendrejeri"-deck (the trickery deck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennard
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
scwont wrote:
This is labelled a 'Tuesday Tempter', which to me seems to imply it's something to whet the appetite of those waiting for a copy of the game.

Nah, it's just Hanno's attempt at alliterative humour shake

scwont wrote:
Have I missed something here? Is this intended as a serious addition to the game, or an in-joke those who haven't played the game dozens of times won't get and don't need to worry about? Or somewhere in between?

For a number of weeks now, Lookout Games, via Hanno, have been releasing additional cards to add to the already humongous amount of cards in Agricola. All free of charge. And quite often very humorous.

It's just another (and believe me, there are plenty) example of the tremendous after-sales support from Lookout, especially Hanno.

As for the game... it's as serious or silly as you want to make it. So it's a serious addition to the game if you want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennard
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
I love the german name most of all. Unless I'm dead mistaken "kravatten" doesn't REALLY mean "tie" in the sense you'd expect.

Hmm... I thought that was a bit fishy.

When I read the title I thought "'Kravatten'... sounds like 'cravat', which is a kind of tie, and 'brechen' sounds awfully like 'break'. Surely German can't be that easy? Maybe ninja-girl's not so smart after all..."

But we all know that she is that smart (he says quickly), so I guess that's a bit of clever bi-lingual humour going on.
Too clever for me, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes Hanno starts with an English title

There's one like this in the Z-deck, too ... ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
the1jugg wrote:

This is correct.
Quote:
There's one like this in the Z-deck, too ...

I'm confused. This chaotic card is part of the English edition in the Z-deck? Or is this just a joke that is in no way associated with the official game?

If it's actually in the game, all I can say is, "Ugh."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Something "like" it. It might mean both "starts with an English title" or "tiebreaking function".

The L-deck are jokes that are only partly associated with the game… if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
melissa wrote:
the1jugg wrote:

This is correct.
Quote:

I'm confused. This chaotic card is part of the English edition in the Z-deck? Or is this just a joke that is in no way associated with the official game?

No. Read the entire post.

This card is in the L deck.

There is a card in the Z deck whose name started as an English pun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
Randy Cox wrote:
melissa wrote:
the1jugg wrote:

This is correct.
Quote:

No. Read the entire post.

This card is in the L deck.

I have read the post. I don't know an L-deck from a Z-deck from a Sigma-deck. I've never looked at the game. I don't know what all decks come with it and what doesn't. Someone made it sound like this is semi-official. In fact, someone responded to my post making it abiguous also.

So, are you saying that the "L deck" is not part of the game? Are there other decks not part of the game? Are some of these not-part-of-the-game decks used by others as though they were part of the game (as expansions)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
I don't know an L-deck from a Z-deck from a Sigma-deck. I've never looked at the game. I don't know what all decks come with it and what doesn't. Someone made it sound like this is semi-official. In fact, someone responded to my post making it abiguous also.

So, are you saying that the "L deck" is not part of the game? Are there other decks not part of the game? Are some of these not-part-of-the-game decks used by others as though they were part of the game (as expansions)?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2273031#2273031

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.