Popular Tags: [View All]
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to know how people introduce Boardgame geek to new gamers.
BGG is no doubt wonderful source of information (all thing related to or sometimes not so related to games) but it could be daunting place for the non gamer or new gamer to visit.

So how do you introduce about Boardgame geek to your friend? Do you point out particular feature about the site? I'm thinking of introducing to the information about particular game that person enjoyed first.. and let the person explore different games from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually do as you suggest, and send the person a link to the game that they are interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed on sending them directly to a particular game. That's usually the information they want. Though if I suspect they want to experience the Geek in all of its massive glory and community I send them to the Welcome Page of the Wiki.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I would first send them to the Sex, Politics, Religion forum and then on to ChitChat. Make sure they know the importance of Bacon here. If there were any ongoing biznitch-threads about Michael Barnes, Booby pictures, or Admin actions, I'd definately link them there as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
RKFade wrote:
I would first send them to the Sex, Politics, Religion forum and then on to ChitChat. Make sure they know the importance of Bacon here. If there were any ongoing biznitch-threads about Michael Barnes, Booby pictures, or Admin actions, I'd definately link them there as well.

Geek Questions. If they can make it there, they will make it anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Male Silk Tide
Mexico
Nezahualcoyotl
Estado de Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tell them that the FIRST thing to do is scroll down the SEARCH window, set the USERS option and type GROGnads.

H
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tell them that to get to the secret area where they win free games they have to thumb all my posts.

I've mentioned the site, but never given any details on how to use it. I figure if folks perish in the electronic wilderness then Darwin scores another point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.