Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused by the text that describes the limits to how many dice heroes can upgrade depending on what level the campaign is at. In the section under "Hero Upgrades" (page 23 in the PDF) it says that in Copper, a hero can upgrade a maximum of 3 black dice to silver. In Silver, they can upgrade all black to silver, and a maximum of three silver to gold. So far, so good. Then it says that in a Gold Campaign "a hero can upgrade as many of his black and silver dice as he wants, but only a maximum of one silver die to a gold die" Huh? How does "as many as" equate to "one"? Misprint?

Earlier in the rules it just says that at Gold level, heroes can upgrade all of their trait dice to gold power dice. I'm going to go with THAT version as it's what I would expect and is what makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yes, it's a typo (it can be nothing else). There are a few others (sadly) in the RtL rulebook.

So, Golden Age = all the upgrades you wish.

Have fun! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I assume upgrades mean permanent upgrades, and not increases by using fatigue? So if I had 3 silver dice through upgrades in copper, I could spend two fatigue and throw 4 silver dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powell
msg tools
Razmus wrote:
Hey,

I assume upgrades mean permanent upgrades, and not increases by using fatigue? So if I had 3 silver dice through upgrades in copper, I could spend two fatigue and throw 4 silver dice?

Correct. The limits on upgrades only applies to your actual trait. Fatigue and power potions can push it much further then that.

If you get Sir Valadir up to 5 fatigue (one fatigue upgrade), and toss in a power potion, you could get 15 upgrades, which would be enough for 5 gold dice on a trait that started with nothing, while still in copper level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Baumbach
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herufeanor wrote:
Razmus wrote:
Hey,

Correct. The limits on upgrades only applies to your actual trait. Fatigue and power potions can push it much further then that.

If you get Sir Valadir up to 5 fatigue (one fatigue upgrade), and toss in a power potion, you could get 15 upgrades, which would be enough for 5 gold dice on a trait that started with nothing, while still in copper level.

That's one helluva blow, but at the same time, roll badly and you wasted the fatigue potion and exhausted Sir Valadir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
emceekhan wrote:
herufeanor wrote:
Razmus wrote:
Hey,

That's one helluva blow, but at the same time, roll badly and you wasted the fatigue potion and exhausted Sir Valadir.

That's the only use we've found for "Aim" at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.