Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Choate
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in The Woodlands. 99% of all my original gaming buddies have moved out of the City. The big loss was the guy that owned 100+ games and organized the events.

I love to play board games. I own a few (Settlers of Catan, Starfarers, Puerto Rico, Nexus Ops, La Citta, Robo Rally...)

I went to BGG.con last year and will go again this year. I get to room with my best friend with the 100+ games.

Are there any groups in the North Houston area that plays regulary?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! Here's a meetup group in the North Houston area, although it also wanders into the Katy and west Houston area, as well. Some are BGG'ers, some not.

http://boardgames.meetup.com/513/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another place to check is http://www.houstongamers.org. It covers the whole city, but I know a number of them meet in the Spring Cypress/1960 area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
Absolutely! Here's a meetup group in the North Houston area, although it also wanders into the Katy and west Houston area, as well. Some are BGG'ers, some not.

http://boardgames.meetup.com/513/

Actually we're in Far West Houston/Katy but have regular events in Jersey Village, Kingwood, and League City in addition to the West Houston and Katy ones and will soon be adding a Tomball one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitman8D wrote:

There's lots of regular gaming stuff in the North Houston area. As Rob said there's the Houston Tabletop Gaming Associationthat runs monthly events in Jersey Village and Kingwood and soon Tomball. There's the North Houston Boardgamers that runs a monthly event in Spring. There's Houston Gamers that has a monthly event every 3rd Saturday at the T-House (near Grant Rd & Jones Rd). One of the designers from APE Games does playesting every Wednesday and every other Monday at the T-House also. The game stores of Little Wars, Swords & Superheroes, and Enigma's Collectibles have regular in-store gaming. I think Fat Ogre Games does also. There's also regular CCG gaming at a gamestore up in Conroe and a Settlers of Catan boardgaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Prohl
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I am in The Woodlands and have been thinking about getting a board game group together up here. We don't have 100+ games, but we do have about 20. OP, we should schedule something local to us, as with gas at $3.50 a gallon, driving a ways is less attractive.

Robert
rprohl@gmail.com, as I don't get on here as often as I used to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Allen
United States
Humble
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, sirkerry is on top of things around here. I recently moved to Houston, and when I posted on a few msg boards, he responded to me on all of them.

I knew that when I saw this thread, he would be one of the first to reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, one of my roommates and I are available on Fridays/Saturdays for gaming either at a pre-determined location or at our place (Near West and Beltway 8). I don't mind driving the short commute to the Woodlands either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Sharer
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a game collector but don't have the opportunity to play as much as I'd like to. I live in The Woodlands and would be interested in seeing a group start up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Diaz
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hi Robert. I see no one has replied to this thread since 2008. Has anyone setup a board game group in The Woodlands/Spring/Conroe (TX) area since this thread started?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Arbo
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably be interested in something once or twice a month for board gaming. I'm in the Magnolia area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Y

Texas
msg tools
I am actually looking to put a group together at cy tex gaming, we are focusing on lvl99 games, cmon games and a few others on sundays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the Conroe area as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitman8D wrote:
I live in The Woodlands. 99% of all my original gaming buddies have moved out of the City. The big loss was the guy that owned 100+ games and organized the events.

I love to play board games. I own a few (Settlers of Catan, Starfarers, Puerto Rico, Nexus Ops, La Citta, Robo Rally...)

I went to BGG.con last year and will go again this year. I get to room with my best friend with the 100+ games.

Thanks

Hitman,

I've been looking to start a gaming group in the Conroe area (either weekly or bi-weekly basis).

Hit me up with a message if that's something you might be interested in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Sharer
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have an odd schedule but have an extensive game collection. Just me time know when or where people are thinking of meeting. I'm getting my son into games too. We just started playing Terra Mystica. He really likes it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Hello,
I'm in league city, which is a bit too far for a normal gaming schedule. However, i would like to gather a few l33t people to play some Twilight Imperium now and then. It's worth the drive! PM me if you're interested!

Cheers.

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sagar Patel
msg tools
Anyone here interested in forming a gloomhaven group? I live in spring and would be willing to play weekly Wednesday and or Thursday. (I have a copy)

Also interested in joining a dnd 5e group

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jette Fire
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logic83 wrote:
Anyone here interested in forming a gloomhaven group? I live in spring and would be willing to play weekly Wednesday and or Thursday. (I have a copy)

Also interested in joining a dnd 5e group

Also interested in Gloomhaven group and DND 5e group, but I’m in Webster/League City area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, how'd I miss this thread...?
I'm in the Woodlands/Spring area as well, and my collection is ... kinda crazy, actually.
I've been playing a lot of Raiders of the North Sea lately, and have a real yen to get Scythe and Cthulhu Wars to the table.
(I have my Top Ten & Hot Ten listed on my profile).

I would thing GloomHaven & D&D5e would have the best launch-pad at Space Cadets
(roughly six blocks due East from the Woodlands Mall in Oakridge)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas,

I am part of a group that plays Cthulhu Wars roughly every other Wednesday at Dragon's Lair. You would be more than welcome to join us.

Here is the Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/114428165867831/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TxGowan
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not The Woodlands, but I know they have regular gaming at a couple of shops in Northwest Houston.

Both Dragon's Lair on 249 and 8th Dimension Comics & Games on Highway 6 near 529 have regular gaming. Maybe give one of them a shot and see if there's somebody closer to you on one of their bulletin boards looking for players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United States
Spring/Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are there any members in the Houston area (north) that play or are interested in playing Frostgrave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.