Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I don't own the expansion but with the original game I am trying to come up with a scenario where the only objective the heros have is to survive the night.

Where I am having trouble is in figuring out how to make this challenging enough but not too challenging.

a) Should I allow the zombies to move 2 spaces instead of one?
b) Should I use 3 hero characters instead of 4?
c) Place all the zombies on the board at the begining?

I appreciate that there are numerous options. I would appreciate any advice from more veteran players as to making this scenario balanced.

Thanks,

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Candido
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what i would do is auto-spawn at the end of every turn for zombies, maybe even begin with an They've taken the... but anything else and they might become too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Bailey
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No player respawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brandon henriksen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have created a scenario I call Night of the Walking Dead. I am currently playtesting it. I use only the Manor House board with four zombie spawn points on each corner. The heroes only get one search per hero turn and have 15 turns to survive. I put Auto spawn and zombie horde (all 21 zombies, red ones from Exp) with the heroes starting with a card as normal for not starting in their starting areas. I also put a win condition of Zombies win if they kill 2 heroes. Let me know if you try this scenario out and give me some notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print out the "Spawning Pit" and auto spawn at the end of every Zombie turn.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/312113

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I don't have the expansion.

How do the red zombies work?

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David David
msg tools
Just use the Defend the Manor set up without having to defend the manor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brandon henriksen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bobm174 wrote:
I don't have the expansion.

How do the red zombies work?

Bob

They are scenario zombies. Used in specific scenarios, including the scenario modification of Zombie Horde (21) which means there is a total of 21 zombies in the zombie pool than the typical 14. I also use them to add players to the game. For every zombie player there are 2 heroes, thus 3 zombie players and 3-6 human players makes for a very interesting game.

-Brandon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.