Popular Tags: [View All]
Marianna and Stephen
United States
Nevada City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can one mix the cards in this blind bidding round? let's say i have 2 matching symbol cards, but in order to bluff i want to add 2 non-matching symbol cards for a total of 4. will i then get the 2 non-matching symbol cards back and discard the matching ones?
or do i have to stick to what is depicted in the episode or if i only bluff, i can only bluff with one kind of symbol.
oh boy, i hope i am making sense with this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played much, but yeah, we play that you can throw down as many cards as you want. Any non-applicable cards just go back to your hand when you reveal your bid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
What William said! Bluff with your whole hand if you want: the only cards that are discarded are the ones that actually are mentioned in the episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marianna and Stephen
United States
Nevada City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hm, but that would make for pretty crazy bidding. let's say i decided on playing 2 symbols that match and then see someone putting down 6 cards, possibly bluffing, can i then add another few cards or pull back my cards before they are turned over? this could go back and forth forever potentially.

or, if once cards are on the table, even if only for a bluff, i can't put them back into my hand?

also, the special cards have a different color backing, a sure giveaway of what one is bidding. i would definitely not want to reveal using those cards until the last possible moment, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the cards are on the table, you're done. No more can be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's rarely beneficial in this game to show your cards to the other players so if you did put a lot of cards down as a bluff you'd only be hurting yourself in later episodes as players will know exactly what you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play, some players hide their cards beneath their hand, others blatantly fan them, to let all players see how many cards they have. We give everyone a chance to change their minds, based on what they see others do, but it never takes more than a few seconds to make these shifts. Once everyone is set, we all reveal at once, and it's over. Cards matching the event are counted and discarded, the others returned to their respective hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.