Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Does this game really play in an hour (or less)?

Thanks,
Galen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In my experience, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
And in our experience, no.

I'd say 75 minutes for an "average" group of players.

That means that a quick group will get through it in an hour, but it could stretch to 90 depending on the players.

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Cheung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first couple of games "In Real Life" have run around 90 minutes (estimated from peripheral timepoints).

Games have lasted 40-60mins online - hard to say how much of that is experience and how much is the online bookkeeping overhead savings. I hope to get to play it again in real life soon (but it has to arrive in real life first!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say 75-90 minutes is a fair amount of time. It plays quickly with little downtime, as long as you do not have a really slow player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I doubt it. I've only played online and it lasts around one hour. With all the dice rolling it can only be longer in real life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few plays, our group plays in 45-60 mins. With fewer players it goes faster. I can see it taking 90 minutes for new players who really like to deliberate or like to not pay attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Musselman
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player AP time is everything.

I've only played online so far, but the spread of times is interesting.

My shortest game was about 30 min for a 3 player game. Median game length for 3 players has been about 40 minutes, and 4 players around 50 minutes. I wouldn't imagine the real world version would add much more than 10 minutes or so to that.

Where things get sticky is in the maximum game length. I've played two 4-player online games where one or more players *agonized* over where to place their workers (at least the subsequent worker activation still didn't take too long). This brought one 4-player game to over 90 minutes, and another to over 2 hours. snore

These are the exception (2 games out of about 10), but Stone Age certainly has the potential to far exceed its average game length given a certain kind of player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.